Saturday, July 17, 2010

A wave Hello, a birthday weekend and a new challenge

Hello there strangers!  Yet again, another crazy few weeks with the ‘real’ job has kept me away.  I hope you’re all staying cool and crafty so far this summer.

It’s been extremely hot and humid here in London, Ontario, and despite my best efforts, I couldn’t stay sane  cool with my little fans, so I bought myself a portable air conditioner.DSC04218

I can move it from my bedroom to my office, which is a huge benefit.  The windows in the apartment slide open on the vertical plane, so traditional window air conditioners wouldn’t work without blocking off the rest of the window with wood.  It can be done, but not easily.  The A/C was my birthday present to myself…usually I buy myself a new dress!

My birthday was last weekend and it was filled with what I love to do most…concerts!  I started off on Thursday, July 8th with The Counting Crows and Augustana.

I had never seen Augustana before, but I’m totally hooked now.  The show was unique in that both bands played together, instead of having an opening band and a headliner.  I thought it was fantastic, and every so often one band would leave and let the other play.

DSC04202 

We had great seats, so I took my big camera; I’ll be sharing some of my favourite shots over the next little while.

Friday night, July 9th (my actual birthday) we travelled to Toronto to see Metric at an outdoor amphitheatre.  We had seats that were far away, un-covered, and it was forecasted to rain, so I didn’t take my big camera.  The Little Sony is getting old and I’m not really happy with the pictures I did get so, I don’t have any to share.  Metric was good, although I’m not sure I’d see them again.  I really enjoy their new album, but I’m not familiar with their older stuff, and that’s what they mostly played.

Saturday night, the 10th, we travelled to Sarnia for their annual Bayfest music festival to see Crash Karma, Sam Roberts and Weezer.  I’ve seen Weezer before, but never as a headliner, so I was excited.  They didn’t disappoint; it was by far my favourite concert of the weekend.  Rivers (lead singer) covered Lady Gaga’s Poker Face, complete with a blond wig! (if you know Weezer, a Lady Gaga song is the last thing you’d expect!)  My sister joined us for that concert and, never having seen Weezer before, commented that it was like barging in on a kid in the basement belting out like no one is watching.  Weezer was enthralling, entertaining and had so much fun on stage, it was contagious.

Now that we’re mostly caught up, I’ve decided to challenge myself and you, if you’d like to play along.

When I get really busy, I sometimes get put off by coming up with a new layout for a card.  I love creating unique cards, so I’m not one to make more than 2 or 3 of the same design…but sometimes it’s difficult to come up with new ideas.

To take some of the pressure off, I’ve decided to CASE some cards; (CASE-ing is when you use someone else’s card as your base, but change at least one element- layout, colours, add or eliminate an element, etc).  My SU demonstrator was kind enough to provide me with the new SU catalogue, and I was immediately drawn to many of the projects.

So each week, I will choose a card from the new catty to CASE and post it up here.  You can join me if you like; I think I’ll be doing the post on Sundays, you’ll have a whole week to submit before the next Sunday post.  I think it’d be interesting to see how many ‘spin-offs’ we can get from one card.

We’ll start tomorrow and see how it goes…hopefully I can get Mr. Linky up and working.

Get ready and see you tomorrow!

Happy Saturday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog