Monday, February 8, 2010

“I had never bought a handmade card…”

I have many friends and visit many blogs who are card makers and when I see their work, I can appreciate them from a card-maker perspective, and admire new techniques and colour combinations.

However, sometimes I forget what it’s like to see a handmade card for the first time. 

I donated this Valentine’s card to the Hearts For Haiti Etsy shop:

and on January 27th, 2010 it was purchased by Rachel, owner of Leila’s Loft on Etsy.

Since the sale was through Hearts for Haiti, the ability to leave feedback for the buyer and for the seller was a bit different.

I received a convo from Rachel when she received the card, and her words made me stop and think.

“…I had never purchased a handmade card before, and I just can't get over how special and wonderful it is.”

I was thrilled she received the card and loved it, and it allowed me to understand what it’s like to see a handmade card for the first time.

Rachel gave me permission to use her statement, and was touched that I wanted to…I think it’s the perfect reminder of what handmade really means, it’s special and wonderful.

Whether it’s a handmade card, necklace, or pottery, handmade items have a little something extra…I believe, a piece of soul.

 

ladybug

Rachel herself hand paints decorative knobs  for dressers and faceplate covers and is incredibly talented. 

 

 

I encourage all of you to visit Leila’s Loft  and Etsy and discover how truly special and wonderful handmade can be.

Happy Monday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog