Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Father’s Day cards with Stampendous: Part 1

Hello Friends!

I know, it’s been a long time!  I’ve been super busy with work and haven’t had much time (or energy) to keep up, but my plan is to bombard you with posts over the next few days to make up for it :)

These next posts will be short, but will showcase my highly productive Victoria day long weekend.  It included one rainy Saturday, but it was perfect for a marathon crafty session.

I needed to make some Father’s day cards for the stores, so I’ll be starting off with those first.  As I’ve said before, I typically struggle with making masculine cards, but let me tell you, when you have an awesome stamp and some great paper, they come together really well!

I’ve learned to keep the layout simple and it seems to be working.  I made a mountain of Father’s day cards with my new awesome Stampendous “Thanks Dad” stamp set.  I really love this one, and it can be used for birthdays too!

Here’s Part 1:

The card base is SU Chocolate Chip (my fav) and matted with Old Olive.  I found some awesome paper by Stephanie Blais- Man of the House.  Isn’t that pattern awesome?

 

I stamped the tie stamp in Staz-On black and then paper pieced the tie.  I just love it!

 

 

 

I think I struggle with masculine cards because I don’t know what embellishments to use.  You can’t really go reaching for ribbon, or Prima flowers and rhinestone brads for your ‘manly’ cards, right?  But these eyelets really fit the bill.  They’re from We Are Memory Keepers- Earth Escape and match Old Olive pretty well.

I’m really happy with how this card turned out.  You can purchase this card at A Paper Buffet, along with all the other Father’s day cards I’ll be sharing over the next few days.

Happy Wednesday!

Ciao for now,

2 comments:

Great card! I love the colors! :)

Great card! I love the colors! :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog