Tuesday, June 29, 2010

mmmmm strawberries!

Summer is by far my favourite season.  I love the summer flowers, days at the beach, and oh, those summer nights! (shameless reference to the best musical of all time…)

One of the great things about summer is the food! Sweet peaches and cream corn, fresh peas picked off vines taller than you, and the strawberries!

We’ve been blessed with an early growing season, so the berries are plentiful (we still have to wait for the corn and tree fruits).  I’ve been a little hooked on strawberries (and watermelon, but that’s another post); I’ve been making crepes in my new crepe pan nearly every weekend and going through a quart of Ontario strawberries each week.

Ontario strawberries are small, irregular shaped and a gorgeous red colour.  None of those genetically-modified-perfectly-shaped-greenhouse berries that seem just a little too picture-perfect for me.

I think the Ontario strawberries are photo worthy…don’t you agree?

DSC03654

 

DSC03659

I’m hooked on Strawberry Crepes…I’ll post the recipe tomorrow.

What’s your favourite strawberry recipe?  Share below or send me a link!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog