Monday, May 2, 2011

Custom Order- 90th Birthday Card

I loved working on this card- a very special birthday card to celebrate the 90th birthday of my customer’s mother.  My customer told me her mom loves purple, teal and green.  I found this gorgeous Kaiser Kraft paper and used a Mojo Monday sketch (181) for the layout on a 5.5” square layout.

I knew this card would be hand delivered, so I didn’t have to worry about how heavy or how ‘thick’ the card would be.  I decided to make a rose out of some grey satin ribbon.  I’ve made them before, but here’s a handy tutorial if you’d like to make them- they’re quite simple.  I sewed some seed beads in the centre to make it extra special.

I used SU Basic Grey as the card base, then layered Concord Crush and Pear Pizzaz as accent colours.  I found some small paper flowers in my stash and added some adhesive pearls to the centre of each. 

My customer was so happy with this card, she asked me to make the invitations to her Mom’s birthday party as well!  I was able to source some more of the Kaiser Kraft paper, and used the floral pattern for the invitations and to line the envelopes.  (I forgot to take a picture of the invitations before they were delivered…but trust me, they looked great!)

I love custom orders, and being trusted with making a very special card is the best part of this whole endeavour.

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog