Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back to the grind.

Things have been a little hectic around here the past little while.

I had some sad news a few weeks ago; my dog Bailey, who lives at home with my parents passed away on July 19th.  Bailey was 13.5 yrs old, which was very good for the large breed she was (Labrador/Golden/Chesapeake Retriever Cross).  Bailey passed away peacefully in her sleep, at home.

I took this picture at Christmas time; she loved to be outside, sit in the snow and bury her face in it.  For anyone who has ever lost a pet, it’s a terrible thing.  It’s been tough, but I am getting better.

I travelled home to go to the cottage last week, it was very strange to be in the house without Bailey.  Terrible, actually. I kept thinking she was just downstairs, or outside, or around the corner. 

We went to the cottage for a week- a planned vacation every year- which turned out to be good timing.  I was busy visiting with the other families, reading, playing with paper and was occupied, thank goodness.

I finally had some time to make the mini envelopes  and I’ve got a few up in my Etsy store now.  I’ll be adding more, I was able to make over 200 envelopes at the cottage.

 

Cutting, folding and gluing the envelopes was surprisingly therapeutic.

The envelopes are available in a variety of colours and patterns, in matching sets of 8, 10 or 12.  I’ll also have some mixed bunches available too.  I’ve used envelope adhesive on the flaps so they can be sealed just like regular envelopes.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Ciao for now,

Technorati Tags:

4 comments:

I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of your dog Bailey. Loosing such a great friend and companion is never easy...never. I hope you can find comfort in the memories, the laughs and giggles ....all the touching moments and the funny things she did. You will have those forever and it will something to fall back on...when you need it.
Take care and stay busy! Lisa

great work on the envelopes, I also find these sorts of things very therapeutic! Bailey sounded lovely, just remember the good times, she will always be a wonderful memory. x x

Thank you so much Lisa, your words are incredibly sweet. Bailey did many funny things...one of my favourites was how she loved to eat corn on the cob. She was like a cartoon character moving her head from side to side. LOL. My sister and I randomly call each other with Bailey-stories, it does help.

Thank you for your kind words...it's strange how something so monotonous like folding paper can be therapeutic though, isn't it?

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog