Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It feels good to be organized.

I’ve got a million things on the go…or at least that’s what it feels like.  We’re revamping A Paper Buffet.com to make it easier for customers, I’m editing photos and listing over 200 mini envelopes in my Etsy store, I need to start making Christmas cards, (and actually make MINE this year), yadda yadda yadda.

You get it, right?

And each and every time I walk into my living room, my eye is drawn to the 3 canvas bags and one plastic shopping bag full of wool. Ugh. I keep saying I’m going to do something to organize it, but yet it goes untouched for months. 

I added to the pile a few months ago when my Nonna (Italian for Grandmother) gave me more wool, (and gorgeous stuff from Italy) because she’s not knitting any more (there was a subtle hint that if she had grandchildren to knit for…).

When I went home a couple of weeks ago to go to the cottage, my mom asked me to clean out my closet and let her know what she could give-away/throw out.  Low and behold, I have 3 wicker baskets, just sitting and begging to be used.  I put the biggest one aside to make sure I remembered to bring it home.

The basket I chose had a cotton liner, I washed and dried it and was ready to organize!  After 45 minutes of stretching the damn liner back onto the basket (yes, I even washed it by hand, in cold water so it wouldn’t shrink!), I was finally ready to organize all that wool.

I organized by colour, as best as I could, and still didn’t fit all the small half skeins I have, that’ll have to wait until I go home again and pick up another basket.

It feels really good to have this looking much cleaner and presentable in the living room. 

Now if only organizing the wool into the basket gave me time to actually play with it…

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog