Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cinnamon Scones

 

  I love anything cinnamon.  When my mom and I went to NYC in 2007, I had a cinnamon scone at a Starbucks in the airport.  I have thought about that scone ever since.  I had looked over the years for cinnamon scone recipes, but could never find one.  Evidently, I was looking in all the wrong places.

I recently found a recipe on The Pioneer Woman, and had planned to make them when I went to visit my parents for Thanksgiving (I know, they should’ve been pumpkin scones given the holiday. As I said, I love anything cinnamon).  Wouldn’t you know, we couldn’t find cinnamon chips up there?  I had some at home in the pantry, but didn’t bring them because I thought I could buy more up there.

So I had to prolong my wait and yesterday morning I whipped up a batch.  The recipe is simple, but the dough is very crumbly.  I think mine was too crumbly.  I decided to make mini scones, so I piled the dough into a rectangle.  I put too much cream in the topping, and it was like a paste, as opposed to a crumble.  As I painted the topping on the dough I couldn’t help but laugh.

 

I managed to transfer the crumbly scones to the baking tray and popped them in the oven.  They smelled delicious, and even though they weren’t as perfect looking as Ree’s, I was very happy with the results. Even better than the one I had at the Starbucks in the airport (crazy point of reference, I know).   I picked the nicest scone I could find to show you.

These are perfect with a cup of coffee, tea, when you walk by the kitchen.

Thank you Pioneer Woman, for ending my search for the cinnamon scone.

Happy Sunday!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog