Friday, July 10, 2009

The Character Cafe Feature Friday; Syd the Golfer

Another Friday, yay! I know I say it every week, but TGIF!

Yesterday, as I mentioned was my birthday and I was lucky enough to do one of my favourite things…go to a concert! We saw The Counting Crows perform and they were awesome! I’ll be sharing pictures soon :)

Here’s my card for this weeks Feature Friday over at The Character Cafe. I love this image and have been lucky enough to be inspired by my DT members who played with this image over the past few weeks.

I took some clues from DT members and cut out the background of the golf cart- tedious work! But the effect makes it all worth it.
I popped it up on dimensionals and used my watercolour pencil crayons to colour the image. I’m having so much fun colouring and I need to look for a bigger set of watercolour pencils, mine only has 12 colours.

I used the Nesties curvy rectangle die to cut out the card- I seem to remember how much I like this effect, I must do it more often!

For the golf ball, I used my circle nesties and then ran it through my Cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder (after stamping my sentiment) but made sure that the indents were backwards, so they resembled a golf ball. I’m pretty sure I saw this somewhere in my blog hopping travels, but I can’t remember where…so if I borrowed this idea from YOU, thanks! I highlighted the indents with a grey marker to add some depth and popped it up again on dimensionals.

I really am loving playing with these digi images, they’re great to work with and super easy to manipulate. Make sure you hop on over to The Character Cafe to pick up Syd the Golfer, he’s perfect for summer masculine cards.

This card is going to my friend Jamie, yet another belated birthday card, eek! Again, I’m hoping he’ll think it’s so awesome, he’ll forget it’s late. I’m so behind this year.

Check out all the rest of the DT’s creations and have a great weekend!

Billie ~ Colleen ~ Elaine ~ Heather ~ Kendra and Kelly

Mary ~ Sara ~ Shelley ~ Tesa

Happy Friday!

Ciao for now,

10 comments:

Really cute! Love the papers and colors you used! Great coloring too!

Recent blog:=- The Character Cafe - Feature Friday

Steph, I just adore this card! Love the golf ball with the swiss dots... does look real (or as real as a paper golf ball gets!) You're right, cutting out the cart really does make for a great look!

Recent blog:=- The Character Cafe First Feature Friday & Freebie Template!

Holy cannoli, your coloring is awesome Steph. The golf ball is genius. TFS

Recent blog:=- Happy Independence Day

Steph, this is a great card. Love your golf ball and the effect on it. hugs Shelley

Recent undefined:=- Oh no! Comluv had an error with your feed, see message below!

Thanks Maureen! I'm in love with my watercolour pencils right now, they make all the difference! I'm not afraid to colour anymore. lol

Recent blog:=- Snapshot Saturday: The Counting Crows

Hi Steph, Awesome card!! I love your colouring, your papers are a perfect match for the image. Great idea with the golfball.
Kelly

Recent blog:=- Work It Wednesday brought by Mary

Steph I am sorry I am getting around so late this week for last weeks posts but I have driven over 1700 miles and been in the car for over 30 hours in the last week!!!

I love how you colored up your image this one has been one of my favorites to color and you did a wonderful job on this!!!

Gorgeous job!!!

Heather

Steph I am sorry I am getting around so late this week for last weeks posts but I have driven over 1700 miles and been in the car for over 30 hours in the last week!!!

I love how you colored up your image this one has been one of my favorites to color and you did a wonderful job on this!!!

Gorgeous job!!!

Heather

Hi Steph, Awesome card!! I love your colouring, your papers are a perfect match for the image. Great idea with the golfball.
Kelly

Recent blog:=- Work It Wednesday brought by Mary

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog