Friday, July 3, 2009

The Character Cafe Feature Friday

It’s Friday again and that means another Feature Friday for The Character Cafe’s June releases.

I challenged myself this week and made a monochromatic card, this is the first time I’ve made one.  It’s also the first time I’ve used my SU Groovy Guava paper.  Remember that one? It’s one  of the seasonal colours from nearly two years ago.  I have to admit, it is low on the bottom of my lists of favourites (and I mean last on the list), but I found some patterned paper that seemed to work well with it, so I thought I’d give it a shot.

I still haven’t decided if I like this card or not…I’m not sure if monochromatic cards are for me, but they sure are a challenge!

I used the wedding cake image, which includes the sentiment from The Character Cafe June release.  Groovy Guava made up the base and the other paper is from my stash. 

I finally used the Martha Stewart rub-on stitching tucked away.  I love the look of stitching on cards, but I don’t have a sewing machine and I do not have the patience to hand sew, so this method seems to work.

Make sure to check out the other DT members to see their projects and of course The Character Cafe blog for the first Work It Wednesday and challenge.

Billie ~ Colleen ~Elaine ~  Heather  ~ Kendra and Kelly

Mary ~ Sara ~ Shelley ~ Tesa

Happy Friday!

Ciao for now,

 

 

 

 

9 comments:

I'm not sure that colour is my fav either, but the overall card is great! I like its simplicity and I think it's a great wedding card :) I'm so jealous of your Counting Crows upcoming concert.... they're older album is my all time favorite (and I mean EVERY song LOL)

I really like how this turned out! I haven't done a monochormatic card either, but yours is great!

I agree on the color - difficult, but WOW, it turned out fantastic! LOVE the clean lines and the small details on this card. Happy Friday!

Well I think for a wedding card this is lovely. I am sure any bride& groom would be happy to receive this. hugs Shelley

Recent undefined:=-

Steph,

This is so pretty!!! I like to do Monochromatic things I just do not remember to do them very often!!!!

This is a wonderful Card for a wedding I am sure anyone would appriciate it!!!

Heather

I think it's really pretty. I'm not into making things to monochromatic either... but you did a great job!

I love it Steph, love the simplicity and elegance of it :) FAB!

Elaine x

Recent blog:=- FRIDAY SHOWCASE FOR THE CHARACTER CAFE!

Hi Steph,
Great Card...I Like the simple but classy look
that you've achieved, perfect for a wedding card!!
Kelly

Recent blog:=- Work It Wednesday #1 - Creating Neat Effects with Glue

Love the card.. design is great, but not 100% sold on the colour.. but good work!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog