Saturday, July 11, 2009

Snapshot Saturday: The Counting Crows

Hello weekend!

I’m looking forward to spending the day with some friends to celebrate my birthday (yes, again, that’s the fun of a weekday birthday…two celebrations!)

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I spent my actual birthday doing one of my favourite things- going to a concert.  I saw The Counting Crows perform at Rogers Bayfest in Sarnia, Ontario (about 1.5 hrs North West of London). The Trews opened for them, and they seemed to be a crowd favourite.

We still had a few issues with people trying to jam up and squeeze in front of you, which annoys me to no end.  I also don’t understand the people who consume so much alcohol at an outdoor concert and become very rude and confrontational. I’m all for enjoying a beverage, but not to the point where you can’t remember the concert.   Why can’t we all just get along?

Anyways, enough of the rant, on to the pictures!

DSC08514

The guitarist from The Trews.  This guy was born to be a rock star, he was jumping all over, playing the guitar behind his head and getting the crowd in a frenzy!

 

 

 

 

DSC08521

 

Lead singer and guitarist of The Trews

 

 

 

 

DSC08542

 

Adam, Lead singer of the Counting Crows.  We were sooooo close!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think this one is my favourite picture

DSC08592

DSC08612

Adam playing the piano

 

 

 

 

 

DSC08601 

The weather is turning around and the sun is trying to peek through the clouds;  I’ve got some gardening to do and some cards to finish for another custom order before my guests arrive.

Did you get to check out all the lovely and talented Character Cafe DT projects this week?  (see previous post for links)

Happy Saturday!

oh and ps- 1) I forgot to mention how funny it was that after my post for last Friday’s TCC post, that no one else likes Groovy Guava paper either! it made me laugh so much!

and 2) thank you all for the lovely comments on my post about my bridal shower invites and my slide show. 

and 3) Thanks for the birthday wishes :)

Happy Saturday!

Ciao for now,

4 comments:

*sniffle, sniffle*... looks like they rocked!!! I LOVE Counting Crows (well, the older stuff anyway) and they were soooo close, I should've gone... oh well *sighs* Great pics, thanks for sharing :)

So awesome you were that close, you got some great shots. Happy Birthday x2

Recent blog:=- Photo of the Week

So awesome you were that close, you got some great shots. Happy Birthday x2

Recent blog:=- Photo of the Week

*sniffle, sniffle*... looks like they rocked!!! I LOVE Counting Crows (well, the older stuff anyway) and they were soooo close, I should've gone... oh well *sighs* Great pics, thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog