Sunday, February 20, 2011

You Capture: Warmth

It’s been forever and a day since I’ve been able to play along with the You Capture challenge at I should be folding laundry.  I’m determined to get back into it, and practice more photography. Unfortunately a weekly photo challenge doesn’t suit my new found love for shooting film, so I’m using my lovely Sony HX1 digital.

This week’s theme is ‘warmth’ and it seems very fitting for a number of reasons.  We had two glorious days of spring weather this past week, but Friday night, the wind started to howl and we’re back below zero. We’re also expecting 15-25 cm of snow starting this afternoon (that’s 6-10” of snow for my non-metric friends).

I took this picture yesterday, while the wind was still howling (it’s sunny and calm as I write this… likely the calm before the storm). 

I wanted to edit this picture with a vintage feel; not sure why, but I was determined to do so.  After scouring the internet for tutorials, silently cursing (ok, not so silently) the lack of ‘curves’ in PSE, I stumbled upon, what could be, my new favourite place on the world-wide-web.

The Coffee Shop blog is a mecca of all things photography and editing.  I haven’t finished exploring her site, but she’s generously provided many freebies, including a Vintage Action for PSE.  Jackpot! No more trying to fiddle with layers and non-existent curves in PSE.

Here is my shot for ‘warmth’, a nice cuppa.

You can see all the details, and join the You Capture challenge on Beth’s blog I should be folding laundry

Happy Sunday!

Ciao for now,

1 comments:

Definitely shows warmth! How cool that you're moving back to film! There is still a part of me that misses film... one day maybe I'll go back and "play." This was my first week with You Capture.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog