Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Layered Labels and the return of Fun Flock!

I’ve been noticing a lot of paper crafters layering die cut labels; I really liked the look, so I decided to give it a whirl for my Easter tags.

I used my Spellbinders Nestibilites to cut out my labels for my tags (small circles and labels 9…I think), in Crumb Cake, Marina Mist and Very Vanilla.

I covered some shipping tags in patterned paper, then added some Certainly Celery taffeta ribbon.

I’ve had this little stamp for quite a while, I have a three stamps of this image in different sizes. I love the little one, and it’s perfect for these little tags.  The sentiment is all one line, but I stamped it separately to give the tag some balance.

 

 

Don’t you just love his fluffy tail? I love Stampendous Fun Flock, and it’s perfect for these little projects.  It adds a lot of texture, and is very easy to apply.  Just put a dab of glue where you want the flock, then press some flock down into the glue.  I seal it with an acrylic sealer (you should be able to find it at your local craft store, I found this with the spray paint). I used white Fun Flock for these tags, and also made another set of tags with a brown bunny and tail.  I don’t know which one I like better!

The second set of tags uses some more of that gorgeous My Mine’s Eye Fine and Dandy paper, with Crumb Cake So Saffron and Very Vanilla for the labels.

I think these tags are great for Easter gifts; we always put Easter treats at everyone’s plate for Easter dinner—these could be place cards!  With Spring officially arriving this past weekend, Easter is just around the corner! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog