Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Meet Me at Merlottes

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!

I’m back in London and trying to get my computer back up and running. I found out today, that my backup of my files before I reformatted didn’t work. Ugh. So it’s going to take me a bit longer than I had hoped. Ultimately, I think programming Live Writer with all my auto links is going to take me the longest! Don’t you just love technology?

I’d like to share with you a birthday card I made for Tonya a few weeks ago. I used the Otherwordly Loves, one of the premier releases from Stamp Insanity Stamps and available exclusively at Stamp Happens.

For those fans of the HBO True Blood series, you’ll recognize both the sentiment, as well as the picture.

I took this picture while in Hollywood, taking the tour of the Warner Bros. studio. This is THE cabin that is used for the outdoor shots of Merlottes’ Bar and Grill, and has also been used for scenes in The Mentalist.

I used some TH distress inks and some chalk to add some roughness to the photo and papers.

For the inside, I used a GinaK Company “Happy Birthday” sentiment, then picked up the Stamp Insanity Stamps Otherwordly Loves set again and stamped “Fangbanger” in Red ink.

Again from the same set, I added the lips/fangs in the corner. This set can do so much!

Here’s a close up of the mouth…I added some Candy Cane Stickles from Tonya for the lips and added liquid pearls to the teeth…with some more red stickles on the tips of the fangs for good measure!





stamphappensverticalbanner

Head on over to Stamp Happens to pick up your set…the Halloween Stamp Insanity Stamps are on sale, it’s perfect timing!

Happy Tuesday!

Ciao for now,

6 comments:

OMLV! I LOVE this card! and those seniments! and that pic! It's the perfect b'day card for Tonya :)
TFS :*)
~ margie

Recent blog:=- Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge 50

OMLV! How COOL is that?!! GREAT card, Steph!! I am SO jealous that you got to tour the studios!!

Thanks Margie! it was so much fun to make :)

What a great card! I feel like I'm really missing the bus - I need to rent True Blood and see what all the hype is about ;o)

Recent blog:=- Sketch Girl 7 - Just for You

Did I tell you how great that pic is for the challenge? I must have told Tonya, but not you. Great job with the challenge!

Did I tell you how great that pic is for the challenge? I must have told Tonya, but not you. Great job with the challenge!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog