Friday, March 19, 2010

In Concert: Marianas Trench - Massey Hall, Toronto

It’s been far too long since my last Foto Friday, so here’s a bit of a special edition.

Last week I went to Massey Hall in Toronto to see a  Marianas Trench concert.  As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve wanted to see them for a while, but missed their shows here in London last year.  I saw them perform at the Olympics, and snagged a ticket to their Massey Hall show went I got back.  I can safely say, I hope I don’t miss any future shows here in London.

(However, I will consider bringing earplugs…16 yr old girls scream in decibels which should only be created by dog whistles).

It was entirely refreshing to pay a reasonable amount for a ticket, (and I scored a 5th row seat) at an incredible venue to see an amazing performance.  No outrageous stage set, no costume changes; just music.

Great music.

I was  stoked about my seat near the stage and what I hoped was a great opportunity to take some really good concert pictures.  My photography class doesn’t start until April; I brushed up by re-reading my camera manual and making my setting adjustments to each mode ahead of time, so I wouldn’t have to spend a lot of fiddling at the concert. 

I’m thrilled! with how these shots turned out, so without further ado…

Lead singer: Josh Ramsay

 

One of the few colour shots I took; I was really feeling the black and white.

 

 

Bassist/Vocals Mike Ayley

  

 

Drummer/Vocals: Ian Casselman (he was hard to photograph; from my seat at least one cymbal was always in the way)

 

 

Guitarist/Vocals: Matt Webb

 

(I have a hard time choosing, but this one might be my favourite photo; I love the light and the shadows.)

 

 

 

 

It was hard to capture all of them in the same frame, because of the size of the stage, but I did manage to get one that I really like

 

I’ve seen 30+ different bands in concert; these guys are in my top 5, hands down.

If you haven’t checked out their latest album Masterpiece Theatre, go now.

Right now.

I mean it.

You can see the entire set of my Marianas Trench @ Massey Hall set on Flickr.

Happy Friday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog