Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shabby Chic Season’s greetings

Often I’ll look at card magazines and use sketches for inspiration.  I try not to make the same card over and over and over again (unless it’s the baby card, then I just can’t help my self).  As soon as I spotted this card in the Stampin Up catalogue, I knew I had to try it.

Kraft paper is my all-time favourite card base, it really works with any colour combination.  I will find any excuse to use it. Much to my dismay, SU decided to discontinue the Kraft colour and replace it with Crumb Cake, which is similar, but not the same.  Oh well.

I stamped the Tree image on Whisper White and used some Chocolate chip punched with my border punch for the left edge.  All the edges were distressed with my Tim Holtz distressing tool.

I love the distressed look and have been trying to use the technique more often.  I’ve used one of my all-time favourite stamp sets- Snow Swirled.  The tree just looks fantastic heat embossed- check out last year’s Christmas card with the same tree.

The ribbon is actually 2” wide (or maybe more) but I cut it in half, then pulled some threads.  I often forget to use this ribbon because it’s so big and thick; if you tie it in a bow or knot, it’d be hard to mail the card with one stamp.  I folded the ribbon to give the pleats and held it down with Scor-Tape- that stuff is good for everything!

A few adhesive rhinestones (you can never have too much bling); a button, eh voila!

You can find this card in my Etsy store and I’ll be sharing, and listing, some more Christmas items this week.

 

Happy Wednesday!

Ciao for now,

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog