Thursday, November 18, 2010

I love to hate paper piercing

I love the look of sewing on a card, it seems to add a little somethin’ –somethin’ if you know what I mean.  So I bought a tiny, cheap sewing machine that I use for straight stitches on cards. 

Of course, now I want to use zig-zag stitches on my cards because it adds more somethin’-somethin’ and my tiny, cheap sewing machine isn’t capable of that.

Paper piercing mimics sewn stitches, when you use a pen to connect the dots, more or less. It can look great, but it is time consuming!  I went a little overboard with this card, but I think the overall effect is worth it.

By using a white gel pen, I can mimic the look of stitches.  I also chose to punish myself and paper pierce each panel.  I also love to hate panels.

 

 

 

 

 

Here’s a closer look:

Not only did I pierce each panel….I pierced the scallops on the circle and the ribbon mat:

 

I think this card has a ‘Country Christmas’ feel to it with all that stitching.

This card is available in my Etsy shop

What’s the technique you love to hate?

Happy Thursday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog