Thursday, September 8, 2011

Birthday cards in 3,2,1…

My mom called with an order for three birthday cards, feminine, to be hand delivered.  She’s a pro now in telling me the information I need to know right away ;)   She also requested an anniversary card, but I’ll share that with you tomorrow.
Here are the birthday cards I made for her, again using sketches from my Paper Crafts Sketch magazine.
 
The first card is soft and very “flowy”.  I found a set of flowers I had made when I first got this nestibilities flower die, and thought it was perfect for the sketch.  I stamped the flourish in SU Sage Shadow on some Very Vanilla card stock.   I placed the flower in the centre of the flourish, then added some adhesive pearls.





I love the layers of the flower. I’ve also discovered that spritzing the paper with a fine mist of water helps the paper curl into more realistic flower petals- try it yourself!  The sentiment was also stamped in Sage Shadow, and the card base is Crumb cake.  I kept the inside blank, and matted some more VV cardstock with the SS.



The second and third card uses some brighter papers, but still keeps them feminine.
I typically avoid panels (I hate cutting them) and my nestibilities rectangles just weren’t the right size for what I wanted to do.  But I was hooked on this sketch and really wanted to make it work.  The card base is Night of Navy, and I found some floral DP in my stash.  I distressed the edges of the DP and spritzed it with water to help curl the edge. 

A mat of Basic Grey is the backdrop to the panels, and the flower stems are stamped in matching grey ink.  The present (from Birthday Whimsy, as is the sentiment) was stamped in Brocade blue- a blue with lovely grey tones.  I used some coordinating DP to make the flowers with the small nesitibility die and used a silver brad to keep them in place.   I love the symmetry of this card!


The third card has a vertical layout, and was designed as a pocket card (you’ll be seeing a pocket card soon), but I modified it for a traditional card.  This layout really highlights double sided paper, and I found some prima flowers that were the right shade to match.  I’m really loving the lime green, grey and blue; it’s a colour combo I need to remember.  I layered the labels and added some grey grosgrain ribbon.  The inside has a  sweet birthday message.






Check back tomorrow to see the anniversary card I made, it uses one of my favourite Stampendous stamps!

Happy Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog