Friday, September 9, 2011

to a great pair

I love punny stamps, and one of my favourites is from Stampendous, that features little images and cute sentiments.  My mom ordered an anniversary card, and I knew I had to use this set.  I picked my current fav colour combo of grey and lime green and set to work!



Isn’t it fun! Who wouldn’t love to receive this on their anniversary! The card base is SU Basic Grey, and I’ve layered some Whisper White.  DP is from my stash and I used it on the birthday cards (see previous post), also ordered by mom.  The ribbon is Old Olive satin ribbon and I was surprised how well it worked with the lime green.










I stamped the pear in grey ink, and added another beside it (I really need to get one of those mirroring stamps…) and then came my favourite part- watercolouring.

I used Pear Pizzaz (because it’d be weird if I didn’t), Old Olive and just a hint of Yo Yo Yellow to lighten it up a bit.

Some green rhinestones below the sentiment pulled it altogether.  I used some of the same DP on the inside, but forgot to take a picture.

Such a simple design, but this one still packs a punch because of that bright green.


Happy Friday friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog