Wednesday, September 7, 2011

To Have and to Hold

Here’s another wedding card I made for a friend. 

The colours of the wedding are chocolate and teal, so I kept those colours in the card.  I love the simplicity of this card. 

 

 


I used SU Very Vanilla for the base, and some more BoBunny double-sided dp (it’s actually Valentine paper, with red and pink on the other side!), and some pool satin ribbon I picked up last year in Chicago.  The ribbon is thin, so I added a second layer.  I made the label with my Nesties and stamped the main image of the To Have and To Hold SU set in chocolate chip ink. I coloured the bride’s flowers and the groom’s bowtie with one of my MS markers, but realized it was too teal.  A quick swipe of my white gel pen muted the colour to match the ribbon perfectly!  I highlight the lines with a grey marker; it’s such a simple thing, but it really makes a difference!

 

 

 

I left the inside blank, but I did stamp the two hearts on the inside.  You can see here how I popped up the main image with some foam tape.

 

I used the sketch from my new Paper Crafts “Card Ideas for Paper Crafters” magazine.  Typically I use sketches from my favourite blogs/websites, but this mag had so many incredible sketches that I just had to pick it up!  I’ve made a few cards already and I’ll be sharing them with you over the next little while.  Sketches are a great way to jump-start your creativity.  Sometimes I can envision the paper and the stamp set just from looking at the sketch.

 

Happy Wednesday!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog