Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TTIC # 33 Quotes from New Moon

Rub your eyes.  Blink. Blink again.  It’s true.  I’m back in the TTIC challenges! whohoo!

It’s been a very long time, but here we go!

Before we begin, I must admit a few things… Beth asked us to pick our favourite quote to inspire us.  I didn’t pick my favourite quote because  a friend borrowed my copy of New Moon and I went to a Twilight series quote website instead.  It’s not my favourite, but it’s the one that inspired me.

“Sorry about this Bella.  We couldn’t rein Alice in” -Carlisle Cullen Ch.1 pg 26.

Carlisle is speaking about her birthday party and the Alice-extravaganza.  I’ll make Bella another birthday card.  Perfect.  I wanted this card to be pink and over the top, but still tasteful, because Alice doesn’t do anything tacky.

While looking for some pink and girly paper, I found a package of Japanese silk screened paper I bought in Vancouver two years ago (Twilight connection- New Moon is currently being filmed in Vancouver…I should get extra points for that).  I knew I wanted to use the paper, but knew it would hurt to cut it.  So I made my first ever long and skinny card, 3 x 8.

TTIC33.2

I had so many ideas, but whatever I did, it just wasn’t right.  The paper had to be the main part of the card, so  a simple design won me over.  TTIC33.4I used SU Birthday Whimsy to stamp “happy birthday'’ on the right hand side and heat embossed in gold.

If you click on the picture to enlarge, you can see the fibers of the silk up close.

 

I did something I normally never do and decorated the inside of the card:

TTIC33.3 (please excuse the picture, the card wouldn’t stand up to save my life)

So there it is, a card very distantly inspired by a random (not my favourite) quote from New Moon (with a Twilight connection because the paper was bought in Vancouver) :)

Don’t forget to:

1) go check out all the other lovely submissions at twilighttuesday.com

2) enter my blog candy contest by clicking HERE! Winner is picked at random tomorrow night at 6pm; contest is open to all U.S. and Canadian blog friends!

Happy Tuesday!

Ciao for now,

13 comments:

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I adore that girly paper and I am very glad you channeled your "inner Alice" for this project!

Beautiful card!!! LOVE the pink pretty paper and LOVE the size of this!!! Great job! glad you are back and playing!

GORGEOUS!!! :) I LOVE this card! and love the size of it too! Very girly, very pretty, very Alice!!!
Happy to see you back :*)

btw - THANK YOU sooo much for the awesome comment you left me! If you were here, I'd squish ya ;)

Recent blog post: Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge#33 and Sketch#4

This is so beautiful! What lovely paper. It is perfect.

Great job this week. I love the glitter package. I have had many a card that will not stand up!

I think the card is perfect. I love the paper and how it fits in with the Japanese lanterns that Alice had put up for the party. Great job!

Recent blog post: TTIC #33- Favorite New Moon Quote

My gosh what a neat thing. I was surprised to see my latest blog show up with my comment. Thanks. :)

Recent blog post: Aceo Paper Sack Album...Check it out.

such a beautiful birthday card for Bella!! i love it!!

Recent blog post: Twilight Tuesday Inspirational Challenge #33

So lovely Steph, and I really love that you focused on the birthday party- it is the catalyst for all that lies ahead in New Moon. TFS

such a beautiful birthday card for Bella!! i love it!!

Recent blog post: Twilight Tuesday Inspirational Challenge #33

I think the card is perfect. I love the paper and how it fits in with the Japanese lanterns that Alice had put up for the party. Great job!

Recent blog post: TTIC #33- Favorite New Moon Quote

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I adore that girly paper and I am very glad you channeled your "inner Alice" for this project!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog