Sunday, September 27, 2009

BG Ambrosia strikes again!

As I was cruising the aisles of Michaels looking for some double pointed knitting needles, Basic Grey Ambrosia paper called my name. I swear I heard it. Who was I to argue with the gorgeous paper?

Hop in my shopping basket BG!

I’m completely in the fall spirit this weekend, with my yummy Beet soup I made yesterday and now this Ambrosia paper. A few weeks ago I picked up a few stamps in the dollar bin at Michaels and have been very eager to use them.

Ambrosia paper and tree stamps are a match made in heaven.

I used the sketch from Taylor’s Cupcake sketch challenge (you can go and play along here).

It’s a really straight forward sketch that can be kept simple or made ornate. I decided to keep this one simple, but I have a few other cards to make so I might play around with it.

I used SU Grey cardstock for the base and realized the BG Ambrosia paper matched SU Mostly Mustard perfectly! I distressed all the edges with TH Tea Dye distress ink…I think I’m finally getting the hang of it. I always find my edges are too harsh, so I’m stamping off my sponge before I hit the paper and it’s helping a lot.

The main image was stamped on SU Very Vanilla and created using the Rock’N’Roll technique; first stamped in SU Mostly Mustard, then I rolled the edges in SU Ruby Red.

I added some tiny rhinestones in orange and yellow…don’t look to closely, the Crystal Effects wasn’t dry when I took the picture. I’m incredibly impatient when it comes to letting things dry…that’s why Stickles and I don’t get along so well!

I added some BG buttons to the bottom, tied with some white string that I rubbed with more Tea Dye ink to take away some whiteness.

Happy Sunday!

Ciao for now,

EDITED TO ADD:

Here’s another card using the same sketch, but I made it into (my first) gate fold card. The card is a bit smaller than I intended it to be (4 1/4” wide by 8 1/2” long), but it’s a baby card, so it’s cute to be small, right?

I used SU Tempting Turquoise for the base, BG Lime Ricky DP and SU Yo-Yo Yellow.

Stamp is from MFT Baby on Board.

8 comments:

This is gorgeous Steph!! I LOVE the Fall colors and the tree is so cute! The buttons add the perfect little touch!

Ohhh, I hear those "voices" in Michaels too; I just obey! lol

Recent blog:=- Lil Miss Violet

Very cute card! I love the $1 stamps at Michael's - they ink up at least AS well as the ones I pay $15 for! Great card, and thanks for sharing it with us. Love the sketch and the buttons!

This is gorgeous! Love the colors in that line ;o) You did a beautiful job with the sketch too!

Recent blog:=- Yo, Witch!

Love these cards! I almost got that $1 stamp on your first card. I regret now that I didn't!! :)

These arejust gorgeous Steph... I really love the foldgate card!! Beautiful work honey...Xx

Recent blog:=- A Little Bit Of Flair...And A Bewitching Witch!

You definitely know your way to a girl's BasicGrey heart ;)
Gorgeous cards! I love the added bling to that lil tree too!
Oh, and I have no patience either! I used Crystal Effects and started taking pics right away and I guess I used too much 'cause it started dripping down the whole card, lol!
TFS :*)

Recent blog:=- Dog Gone... BOO!!!

You definitely know your way to a girl's BasicGrey heart ;)
Gorgeous cards! I love the added bling to that lil tree too!
Oh, and I have no patience either! I used Crystal Effects and started taking pics right away and I guess I used too much 'cause it started dripping down the whole card, lol!
TFS :*)

Recent blog:=- Dog Gone... BOO!!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog