Monday, September 7, 2009

Found my Mojo on the Butterfly Bandwagon

I received some incredible butterfly stampies from the lovely and uber talented Donna for my birthday last month.  I’ve been spying so many butterflies lately, that I’ve been saving them for some special cards.  I have no idea who makes this stamp, but I need to find out, so Donna be prepared!

The stampies were embossed in black and were the perfect images to colour with my almost-never used MS markers.  They don’t seem to blend, even with a blender pen, so I’ve felt limited with using them.  They were perfect for this job though, (and they’re great for inking stamps).

For the first butterfly, I created a mono-chromatic card using the Mojo103 layout from MojoMonday.  This is for a birthday card for my friend D, and I wanted it to have a little extra bling, so I used my new Lilac Shimmerz from Tonya at Stamp Happens.

 

Here’s a close-up of the Shimmerz on the light purple parts.

 

To colour this image I used MS Markers in Hyacinth; Purple Helitrope and Hydrangea.  SU cardstock is Almost Amethyst, Orchid Opulence and Perfect Plum. The buttons on the bottom are beautiful shell buttons with glass beads threaded on the the string.  This card is not for mailing, the shell buttons are gorgeous, but extremely fragile. Yes, I found that out the hard way, sheesh!

I had another stampie to colour and needed an Anniversary card for my best friends C and K (Ethan’s parents).  I wanted to highlight the black embossing, so I chose SU cardstock in Tempting Turquoise and Taken with Teal,

 

I coloured the image with MS Markers in Turquoise and Aloe.

I used the layout for Mojo102 on MojoMonday for this card.  I finally broke down and bought the MS Butterfly punches (on sale at Michaels for 30% off, I couldn’t say no). I’m so happy I did! I’ve seen this layering around and finally have some way to use up my glass beads!

I used floral wire to make the antennae and to hold the beads. I will be doing this over and over again, so get used to it!

I decorated the inside, using the MS markers to ink my stamp and the tiny butterflies from the MS punch.

 

 

I’m taking a little break from stamping and going to do some cleaning, and hopefully tonight I’ll be starting on my L.A. Scrapbook.

Happy {holiday} Monday!

Ciao for now,

4 comments:

These are gorgeous!! Isnt Donna the best! She sent me the same ones and I used my shimerz TOO! :) Gel-a-tins makes this butterfly set, there are more really great butterflies in there!

I LOVE these cards, the colors are awesome!
Glad you made if safely back, cant wait to see more pics! hugs!

Recent blog:=- Friends with Flair Friday for Unity!!!!

Wow~! the purple one is just beautiful~!

Yep....Like Jac said Steph...The Stamps are by Gel-a-tins, "Butterflys are Free". So glad you liked them and the cards...OME! Wow! They are just amazing....Beautiful work sweetie.... Xx

Recent blog:=- TTSC # 10

I just love these cards Steph... very pretty!!!

Recent blog:=- Feature Friday - Guest Designer Piali

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog