Saturday, September 26, 2009

A new recipe and problems with JS-Kit comments

Today is a very glum fall day, a bit cool, and overcast.  However, it is the perfect day for stamping (and movie watching while stamping).

I’m 75% done the wedding menu cards for my friend and I’m hoping to finish them up after dinner…which brings me to the new recipe I’m going to try.

While I was searching for a knitting pattern (yeah, I know, like I need another hobby to take up my time) I stumbled across the blog A Year of Marriage and found a recipe for Beet Soup in Acorn Squash bowls. 

I love her blog, so clean and crisp and got really excited about trying this recipe.  My dad is Polish/Ukrainian, and even though I didn’t like it as a kid, I now really really like Borscht  (beet soup). My dad uses my Grandma’s recipe and I called home yesterday to request some for Thanksgiving weekend.

I picked up everything I needed at the grocery store and I’ll be starting in about an hour- so I’ll let you know how it goes.

I also wanted to share that since I upgraded my JS-Kit to Echo, I haven’t been receiving any email notices of comments on my blog; which likely also means if I’ve written back to you from your comment, you may not be getting them either.

I’ve tried everything they recommend on their FAQ site, but it’s not working, so I’ve sent off an email, but since it’s Saturday, I likely won’t get an answer until next week.  This after spending 45 minutes on the phone with my ISP because my secondary email account wasn’t working…sheesh!

Hope you’re all having a fabulous Saturday…did you see all the new Stamp Insanity stamps we previewed yesterday? Did you visit Stamp Happens? the exclusive shop to get Wildflower Kids and Stamp Insanity stamps?  I thought so :)

Happy Saturday!

EDITED TO ADD: DSC09711

This soup is sooo yummy!

I couldn’t eat my whole ‘bowl’, it’s really filling.

I did tweak the recipe, using beef broth plus one veggie bouillon cube for a bit more flavour, and more closely to borscht.

Try it, it’s perfect for a fall day!

Ciao for now,

2 comments:

I also use Echo for my comments. Lately I have been emailed and contacted that visitors have been unable to leave me comments. Crazy!

I also use Echo for my comments. Lately I have been emailed and contacted that visitors have been unable to leave me comments. Crazy!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog