Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mojo (111) on a Thursday

 

It’s been so long since I participated in the MojoMonday sketch,  but after seeing Donna’s incredible take on the sketch, I was inspired!

 

I had a completely different vision for this card, a different main image in fact.  But it wasn’t working with the distressed look of the card.  So I switched it up at the last second.

I apologize for the dark pictures…I’m still awaiting my delivery of Photoshop and I’m counting the days!

snowflaketree2

The DP is Cosmo Cricket, and I’m totally in love with it!

snowflaketree3 

I distressed the edges with TH Frayed Burlap ink; the image panel is SU Very Vanilla with some Frayed Burlap rubbed on to match the distressing on the DP.  I think I’m thrown off by the Taken with Teal I used to mat the DP, but it’s the perfect match and I needed another layer…be honest- what do you think?

I love! this wide SU Old Olive ribbon, but have been limited so far in using it.  I think it works pretty good as the second panel in the sketch…although to mail this card, I think you’d need extra postage because of the thickness.  Maybe in the spirit of Christmas the post man would let it slide ;)

snowflaketree4

I haven’t chosen a sentiment for this card yet, although I’m thinking “Season’s Greetings” over “Merry Christmas”.

The snowflakes are punched from THE most gorgeous sparkly paper I found at Scrapping Great Deals on the weekend.  You will be seeing lots of sparkly snowflakes!!

Main image is from SU- Season of Joy- which is quickly becoming my favourite Christmas stamp set.

Happy Thursday!

Ciao for now,

12 comments:

This is just beautiful! I am so loving it! That ribbon is so pretty! I like that you added snowflakes to the inside of the card too! It's a fantastic interpretation of the sketch.

PS How did you get that "Etsy Mini" up? I can't figure out how to do it!

Thanks Alison! :) you're so sweet!

For the Etsy Mini- in your Etsy home page, on the left hand side menu under "Promote" click Etsy Mini, then you can pick how you want the layout. Copy the HTML code, then "Add Gadget" to blogger, pick "HTML" code, paste the Etsy Mini code and that should work

Recent blog:=- Mojo (111) on a Thursday

Beautiful card - I love the softness of it!! Great job, Steph!!

We used the same DP on our sketch cards! love that ribbon and pretty tree on the nestie framing!

This is gorgeous Steph! I love the colors, the paper, the stamps. It's just perfect.

This is gorgeous! The OO striped bow is perfect and so sumptuous!

Recent blog:=- Seasonal Bookmarks

Steph, this is a fantastic card! I love it, so beautiful :)

Recent blog:=- My Time to Create Colour Challenge!!!

Steph, this is a fantastic card! I love it, so beautiful :)

Recent blog:=- My Time to Create Colour Challenge!!!

This is gorgeous Steph! I love the colors, the paper, the stamps. It's just perfect.

Beautiful card - I love the softness of it!! Great job, Steph!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog