Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pax the Penguin…in a snow globe?

Have you seen these snow globe cards making the rounds? They’re just awesome!

I found this tutorial at SCS and it’s really simple to follow.

I was lucky enough to win Pax the Penguin from the The Character Cafe Blog Hop last week, ( I was super thrilled, because he was my favourite out of all the new releases) and thought he was perfect for trying in the snow globe.

Isn’t he CUTE!??

I used the Imaginisce paper again, and some SU Real Red ribbon. SU Certainly Celery makes the card base.

I used embossing powder to make the snow at the top of the globe and stamped the snowflakes in Opaque Staz-on cotton ink.



Here’s a look at the inside, I used the same embossing powder on the snow on the inside, and coloured Pax with my prismas and used OMS to blend. I used some blue glitter and Crystal effects on the fishing hole.








Here’s a side view of the card. I thought I was being smart going to the office supply store to get some overhead transparencies to use instead of ‘clear cardstock’…but it was TRIPLE the price! Go figure?


The best thing about this card is that it fits in standard A2 envelope!

This card is available at my Etsy store, along with a few others I’ve added this weekend.






I’m totally hooked on the snow globe, and hooked on Pax. I made a birthday card for my little cousin who’s turning 3 in a few weeks.

Pax comes with a few different messages, and this one just makes me giggle! Y’all know how much I love puns!

I used BG Lime Rickey DP for this card with some SU Night of Navy and Going Grey cs for the layering. I coloured Pax the same way, but added some Fun Flock to his belly since my cousin is little and I like the texture it adds.

I know I’ve been quiet here for the past few days, but I’ve just been super busy crafting. I’m trying to get my stuff ready to take to the Hair Salon here in town to sell, and I’m getting ready for my first ever craft show Dec 5th…yikes! A bit nervous what to expect; any advice from you craft show vets would be awesome…**wink wink, nudge, nudge **

Oh! and do you like my new banner? I made it with the help of Joyce from Happy Cloud Moments who posted a tutorial on her blog! it’s much easier than I thought!

Happy Sunday!

Ciao for now,

8 comments:

How adorable is this stamp!! OMG, that snow globe card is too stinking cool and I love the fishing birthday card. These are just great Steph. Good luck with your craft fair!!

Recent blog:=- Loads of stuff done… not much to post

hehe, you'll LOVE tomorrow's snow globe then ;)

Recent blog:=- Pax the Penguin…in a snow globe?

What an adorable idea! I love the snowglobe - I'm going to have to try one of those! Love the BG paper on the bday card! Super job on both of these - what a cute image to work with :o)

Recent blog:=- Sketch Girls #9 Perfect Poinsettias ~

STEPH!!! I "heart" it (lol) ;) This is tooo stinking cute, for real!!! I've been a bit MIA and am sooooo happy that I didn't miss seeing this. It ROCKS... Can't wait to get crafty soon!!!!!

Recent blog:=- My Time to Create Colour Challenge!!!

glad you like it Kendra!!

I can't wait either, is 1 ok? email me if not.

Recent blog:=- Twilight Tuesday.com New Moon Blog Hop!

glad you like it Kendra!!

I can't wait either, is 1 ok? email me if not.

Recent blog:=- Twilight Tuesday.com New Moon Blog Hop!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog