Friday, November 6, 2009

Wildflower Kids Digital ‘Tis the Season

I think the right side of my brain has ADD.  The right side of our brain is the creative side (vs. the left side which is responsible for logical thought) and mine seems to be ALL over the place lately.

Remember yesterday, when I said I had a completely different vision for that winter card? Another main image? Well, I just couldn’t sit still while that image sat coloured, cut out and ready to use on my stamp table.  Truth be told, I printed out the snowman digital image planning on making gift tags.  Then I got sidetracked by patterned paper.  See, I told you, I think my right brain has ADD.

I went to a trusted sketch site Jen DelMuro’s {i heart 2 stamp} to find some inspiration. So here goes:

snowman1

I was planning on following the sketch exactly, but the size of my digital snowman from Wild Flower Kids Stamps was a little bit too big (remember I already had him cut out, otherwise I’d have just resized him).

I was thinking the card needed a sentiment, but I just couldn’t fit it in.

I left the inside blank, but added more snowflakes snowman2you can see peeking out here.  Don’t say I didn’t warn you about the sparkly snowflakes! The best thing about this paper is that the glitter stays put! No random flakes of glitter all over the table, in your hair…etc.

Want a little giggle? snowman3 Look closely at the snowman’s left branch hand.  Click on the picture to make it bigger if you have to.  I narrowly escaped a very vulgar gesture by this snowman by almost snipping off one of his branch fingers! LOL.

Ok, so it might just be that I should totally be in bed right now, but I find it hilarious!

wfkbadge Want to play with the snowman on your own? Head on over to Stamp Happens and check out the whole ‘Tis the Season stamphappensverticalbannerrelease by Wild Flower Kids Stamps …you will not be disappointed!

 

I’m off to visit my friends and Godson Ethan this weekend; we’re going to a cooking class so I’m looking forward to stocking up on some yummy quick and easy meals since work has been so chaotic lately!

Happy Friday!

Ciao for now,

5 comments:

HaHa! You poor thing! Having such problems with this snowman! Well, your card looks great, his fingers are not in any foul positions and I think that you picked some great materials for it! I hope your brain gets it together soon for you...but if not, you sure are coming up with some great cards!

This is GORGEOUS!! You did a beautiful job on the card!! Have fun with your friends and Ethan!

Recent blog:=- CASE of Donna – One of my stamping heroes!

Hi Steph,

You have made a great card. The image is fab and love the snowflakes.

Hugs Ali x

Recent blog:=- Hubby's Birthday Card

Steph, this is adorable! Love the glittery snowflakes and am amazed at your patience in the fussy cutting department...lol!

Recent blog:=- Seasonal Bookmarks

Love this card! The snowman is my favorite!

Leigh Ann Baird

Recent blog:=- Some PTI cards

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog