Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Latte Love

In September, a friend and I were out shopping.  In a major bookstore she spied a knitted coffee cozy for a travel mug and fell in love.  Until she looked at the price tag. 

“Put that down!” I told her, “I can make you one”.  Her eyes got wide and said “Really?!”,

“Sure, I can knit. How hard can it be?”

I’ve never knitted in the round on double pointed needles.

How hard can it be?

It’s not impossible, but it sure was a challenge!

After a few re-reads of my “I learned to knit” book; an in-depth conversation with my Nonna (Italian for grandmother) over Thanksgiving dinner (Canadian Thanksgiving is in October), a quick swing by her house the next morning before the 7 hour drive back to London to pick up some size 4 double pointed needles, and I was ready.

Ready to try a total of nine different patterns, 4 types of wool, and receive a good lecture from my massage therapist about my knitting posture.

I am stubborn.

I am a perfectionist.

I want my customers to be satisfied.

So I knitted on until I was happy and turned my vision into reality.

I combined my new love of knitting with my forever love of paper, and created Latte Love.  A hand knit coffee sleeve with a coffee-themed gift card holder, perfect for the holidays and every other reason to give a coffee lover a gift card.

 

The gift card holder just might be my favourite part, but I’m so proud of the knitting.

 

 

 

 

 

I designed my own packaging within DSC00028the clear card box, to allow the coffee sleeve and gift card holder to be ready to wrap and put under the tree.

 

 

 

 

I was over the moon when the first Latte Love gift set sold in 10 hours on my Etsy store.

 

 

 

 

Latte Love is currently available in orange at A Paper Buffet and I am working on some more turquoise and will be adding a purple one as well. 

Custom orders are always welcome at A Paper Buffet or by email at

apaperbuffet@rogers.com

 

 

Share the Latte Love!

Happy Tuesday!

Ciao for now,

5 comments:

OMG Steph this is FABULOUS!!!!!! I'm trying to think up who I can buy one of these for... I can't believe how cool it is!

Recent blog:=- TTIC #56: Scrap Your New Moon Experience PART 1!

Thanks Tonya! :) I'm really happy with this gift set, and I could do it in any colour of the rainbow! :)

Recent blog:=- Latte Love

Love these! I was in B&N the other day and thought of you when I saw these little cozies in their coffee area. You did an amazing job with these...it's no surprise they sold so quickly!

Recent blog:=- Holy Cow Candy ~

This is just amazing Steph!! The perfect gift...Really!! I LOVE it!! You will have to make more!! Xx

Recent blog:=- Some Flair with a Mercy Sketch...

This is just amazing Steph!! The perfect gift...Really!! I LOVE it!! You will have to make more!! Xx

Recent blog:=- Some Flair with a Mercy Sketch...

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog