Wednesday, January 13, 2010

She loves me- a Valentine for your guy

I have had this idea in my head since the Christmas holidays, and it took a quite few tries to get it just right.

We’re all familiar with the game “he loves me, he loves me not”; hoping and wishing the last petal will be “he loves me”.

I wanted to create a masculine Valentine’s card with this theme, nothing too glittery, no bows, no bling. (It was hard!!)

 

I used the Fifth Ave set from SU and used my MS markers to ink up only one petal on the daisy stamp.  Then I heat embossed the centre with gold embossing powder, and stamped the stem.

 

 

 

 

 

Here’s a close up and you can click on the picture to see a little better.

 

 

 

 

I printed the words “she loves me” in very small font, punched it out and adhered it to the single petal.

 

I kept the inside simple, and used reversed punches (punched through the white paper, to see the red below).

 

 

 

 

 

What’s most exciting is that I received my embosser and now I can emboss my logo on all my envelopes!

 

This card is available now in my Etsy store and I’ll be adding a “he loves me” version as well.

Ciao for now,

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog