Friday, January 22, 2010

It’s hip to be square!

I’ve been really drawn to square cards lately.  Sometimes it suits the layout much better.

I got my SU order from Sale-A-Bration last week, and had a lot of fun getting them inky right away.  Can I say a big “THANK YOU” to SU for finally making stamps we can put on Acrylic blocks! I think I will eventually switch everything over because I cannot put the rubber on a the wooden block straight to save my life. Seriously.  If anyone but me uses my stamps, everything is crooked.

I love the “I {heart} hearts” set and made quite a few cards.

It had been a while since I used the glue pad/glitter combo, so I thought I’d give it a whirl.

I will say that towards the end of my stamping, when I was on my last image; the glue pad seemed to be stronger than the bond of my cling stamp to the acrylic block.

 

 

The last “friend” heart didn’t turn out so clear because of this…but I can live with that.

 

I just added some more glue and poured glitter right over the word “friend” and turned it into a solid heart.

 

 

 

 

I used the Polka dot heart too.  I told you I loved this set!

 

 

 

 

 

The card base for all the cards are Chocolate Chip, with layers of Pretty in Pink and Bo Bunny Designer paper.  I distressed with Chocolate Chip ink and added some Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon.

 

I kept the inside pretty simple, but kept the matting of the Pretty in Pink and distressing.

 

 

I’ve got a few more photos to take, then I’m dropping off some cards and the paper fortune cookies at the hair salon.  I don’t have to go anywhere this weekend, so maybe I’ll finally get to clean my house!…nah, I’ll probably make more square cards ;)

You can find these cards at A Paper Buffet and I’ve donated one of the Polka Dot cards to Hearts for Haiti, a great Etsy store where 100% of the proceeds (minus PayPal and Etsy fees) are being donated to Doctors without Borders.

Happy Friday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog