Monday, April 25, 2011

Butterfly Chiyogami for Mom (and For Japan)

Here’s another Chiyogami Mother’s day card in my For Japan line.  This paper is incredibly gorgeous- I had a really hard time cutting it! I also had a hard time trying to keep it the main focal point of the card. Often a stamped image or sentiment is the focal point on a card; once I started thinking of the paper AS a stamped image, it became a little easier to envision.

I used SU Baja Breeze and Real Red- which matched the Chiyogami paper quite well.  I used some satin red ribbon to compliment the scalloped edges I punched on the blue and red paper.  A simple “Thank you Mom” was stamped on a banner, cut out and popped up with dimensionals.

I really had to stop myself from adding any more to the card, because I just couldn’t cover up the butterflies on the paper.

This card is available at A Paper Buffet Etsy store and $2.00 from the sale of this card will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross relief efforts in Japan.  I’ve decided to keep this campaign going past the end of April.  To date, we have $6.00, which will be turned into $12.00 when matched by my employer…but I think we can do better.  I”ll be working hard to put more items in the store so we can raise as much as possible.  You can read more about why I’m donating to the Canadian Red Cross here.

Happy (Easter) Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog