Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Floral Chiyogami for Mom, and For Japan

There is a lot of beautiful paper out there…and too much of it is in my craft room, but the Japanese Chiyogami paper is absolutely gorgeous.  I was more aware of buying coordinating papers this time around, vs buying all that I thought was gorgeous and trying to work with it later.  I knew immediately these patterns would work well together, but I didn’t realize just how well until I had put the card together.  With edges of gold and deep greens, this card is stunning.

I paired it with SU Old Olive and SU More Mustard paper.  I’ve never used More Mustard, but I’m quickly warming up to it. It worked beautifully with the patterned paper, and gives this card a rich elegance. 

As with the other Chiyogami cards, I want the paper to be the focal point, and so just a simple stamp of “Mom” in the right hand corner, some gold and green ribbon, some deep green rhinestones were added to the left side for some balance and I had to stop. 

This card is available at A Paper Buffet Etsy store and $2.25 from the sale of this card will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross relief efforts in Japan.  You can read more about the details of the donation here.

 

 

Happy Tuesday!

 

 

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog