Saturday, April 23, 2011

Melon Mambo Mojo Monday

Mojo Monday is a great source for inspiration, with a weekly sketch released each Monday.  When I saw the Mojo Monday 186 sketch I knew it would work well for a milestone birthday card I was making for my mom to give to a co-worker.

I love this Kaiser Kraft paper, and it was perfect for this feminine 50th birthday card.  I used SU Melon Mambo for the base, a really great and vibrant pink.  Pear Pizzaz matched quite well with the green in the Kaiser Kraft paper, and I found some green ribbon in my stash.

The sentiment is from SU- although the name of the set escapes me at the moment.  I printed out the number “50” on the computer and covered it in Martha Stewart glitter, then sealed it with acrylic sealer.

I love using glitter, and the acrylic sealer helps it from shaking off and getting everywhere- a definite ‘must-have’ in your supplies.  You should be able to find it at the craft store, or at a hardware store with the spray paint.

I distressed the edges of all the paper with Tim Holtz Walnut distressing ink, and added some green adhesive rhinestones.  The original sketch had twine or another ribbon at the top section, but I thought it was a bit too much given the paper that I used, so I left it out.  

This card is bright and cheery…unlike the rainy weather we’re currently having.  I’m at my parent’s house for the Easter weekend and enjoying some time with family, catching up on some projects, and eating chocolate of course!

 

I hope you all have a great Easter weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog