Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chiyogami for Mom (and For Japan)

Mother’s day is around the corner and I wanted to incorporate the gorgeous Chiyogami paper with this year’s Mother’s day cards.  I picked out my paper and got to work. 

I used a sketch for this card, but for the life of me, I can’t find out which one, or where from.  I usually shy away from cards with panels, but since I’ve been using my Nestibilities (these are the small rectangles), I’m not afraid anymore!   The nesties really make a big difference.  I cut the panels from two 4x4 sheets of Chiyogami paper and used my paper piercer and a gel pen to create a faux stitching around the edges.  I adhered them to a piece of Whisper White cardstock, then adhered that to…you guessed it! So Saffron!

 

I created some labels with the Nestibilities in So Saffron and Whisper white and then stamped the sentiment in Baja Breeze.

 

The yellow button is Basic Grey and was muted enough to work well with the So Saffron. The blue button is a vintage button from a lot I bought on Etsy, and matched really well.  I used the scraps of the teal paper and punched out some small flowers to add balance to the label. 

 

 

 

This card is so bright and cheery, and the paper has a gorgeous texture to it IRL.

 

The next card uses the Sweet Sunday Sketch 112.  I flipped the sketch to be able to use my bird stamp. I stamped the birds in versamark, then added some Stampendous Vintage Gold embossing powder and heat embossed the image.  The gold birds really make the gold in the paper “pop”.  

The card base is Crumb Cake and I layered More Mustard and Baja Breeze to bring out the colours in the Chiyogami paper.

This is the first time I have ever used More Mustard, and it worked really well! I think I’m starting to warm up to the colour.

 

 

My circle nesties were perfect for the Mother stamp, which is stamped in More Mustard ink and mounted on a scalloped More Mustard cardstock, also cut with Nestibilities. I popped it up with some foam tape, then added some gold ribbon tabs and kept it simple. 

Both these cards sold within an hour of listing, and $2.00 from each card will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross Relief Efforts in Japan.  With the sale of the Birthday card earlier in the week, we have $6.00 to donate, which will turn into $12.00 when it’s matched by my employer.  You can read more about that here; and shop more “For Japan” items in A Paper Buffet Etsy Store .

Have a great Thursday!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog