Monday, April 11, 2011

Every little bit helps…Chiyogami Birthday Wishes

Today the Birthday Wishes card sold locally here in London.  This is my first sale in the For Japan line, the first of many I hope!

 

I created this card using a piece of Chiyogami paper from Vancouver that I’ve had in my stash for years a while.  It’s a bit embarrassing to admit that I’ve hoarded kept paper for so long, but ask any papercrafter and I know I’m not alone.  Sometimes, it’s just waiting for the right layout, or ribbon, or occasion.

 

I used Crumb Cake for the base, and layered Pear Pizzaz and Pink Pirouette paper, before adding the cherry blossom pink Chiyogami.  The texture of this paper is  unbelievable, it’s so delicate and yet quite strong at the same time.

 

I layered some different labels before stamping Birthday Wishes from “So Happy for you” in Pear Pizzaz.  A small piece of gold ribbon finished the card.

 

$2.00 from the sale of this card will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross Relief efforts in Japan at the end of April.  For more information as to why I chose the Canadian Red Cross, you can read here.

I’ve added a few more cards into the A Paper Buffet Etsy store  featuring Chiyogami paper including two Mother’s day cards I’ll be featuring later in the week.  You can shop for those here.

Happy Monday!

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog