Thursday, April 28, 2011

Custom order- First Communion Card

I’ve had a flurry of custom orders lately, and a few that I’ve forgotten to share with you.  Here’s a First Communion Card for a customer’s Grandson I made last month.  A fellow stamping friend suggested I check out The Doodle Pantry for their digital stamps.   I used a cross from their Christ’s Gift set and took inspiration from one of their sample cards.  I was drawn to how the cross had been coloured, with a faint hint of a glow behind it. 

I coloured the cross with my Prismas and blended with OMS.  It took me a few tries to get the “glow” to look subtle, but I’m pleased with how it turned out.  I had initially thought of printing a second set of the rocks and then popping them up on dimensionals, but I realized it wasn’t the look I was going for.

I kept this card in light blues and greens, using Marina Mist and Pear Pizzaz on a Crumb Cake card base (I can’t find the label for the DP,…I don’t know what company, but I remember that it’s called “Campfire”) .  I made the card very long and lean,  at about 4.25” wide and 6.75” long and  distressed all the edges (with the exception of the image) with SU Crumb Cake ink.

I used a labels die from Nestibilities for each the sentiment (printed on the computer) and for the image.  I found using the next biggest label die didn’t work with the size of the card, so I cut out a second label in Pear Pizzaz and offset it from the main image to add a bit of layering.

The inside featured the date of the First Communion Ceremony and a personalized message from the Grandparents. 

The Doodle Pantry features some great digital images, and Christ’s set has some beautiful sentiments that can be used for many different types of cards.

 

Happy Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog