Monday, April 4, 2011

Chiyogami for Japan

I have always loved the gorgeous and colourful Japanese silkcreened paper, Chiyogami.  I brought some home from a trip to Chicago last year and made some beautiful Mother’s day cards that were very popular.  With all the tragedy that Japan has experienced over the last month, battling earthquakes, tsunamis and now nuclear threats, I’ve decided to arrange my own fundraising effort from items created from Japanese Chiyogami paper.

I’ve recently picked up some more Chiyogami paper and will be busy over the next few weeks making as many items as I can.  A portion of each sale, outlined in each listing, will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross, Relief efforts in Japan.  While there are many worthy charities helping the people of Japan, I have chosen to donate to the Canadian Red Cross as my employer is matching all employee donations.  That means whatever WE raise over the next month, it will be DOUBLED and given to the Canadian Red Cross.

Here’s how it will work:

  • Each item will have a different price point donated, and it will be outlined in each listing
  • Donations will be collected over the month of April, and will carry further if there are still Chiyogami items in the store
  • I’ll post updates here on the blog, the A Paper Buffet Facebook Fan Page, and in the A Paper Buffet Etsy store
  • Items will be available in the A Paper Buffet Etsy store and A PaperBuffet.com
  • Most items are one of a kind, so grab them when you see them!
  • I will take custom orders for items to be made with Chiyogami paper, but may not be able to guarantee a specific pattern

If you need a greeting card in the next few weeks, please consider purchasing a card from the “For Japan” line and feel good about supporting the people of Japan.

I’ll be featuring a few products each week on the blog, but have some available now at A PaperBuffet.com

 

 

1 comments:

Hi, I'm Karen from the Canadian Red Cross. Just wanted to thank you for your support for Japan! Good luck with your fundraising efforts.
Please do stay connected with us:
Twitter: @redcrosscanada
Facebook: canadianredcross
Blog: http://redcrosstalks.wordpress.com
Thanks again,
Karen

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog