Sunday, February 1, 2009

TECC53


Another weekend means another Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge. I mentioned yesterday that I'm trying to branch out and be brave with colour combos; so when I was at Michael's last week I picked up this American Crafts Metropolitan Tokyo DP, and some Bazzil cardstock to match. The tree in the paper reminded me of a stamp I have from Inkadinkado, so no cupcakes this week. I flipped the sketch and set to work. I inked the stamp in SU Old Olive; I was going to colour the birds differently, but I really liked how they looked in Old Olive. I used some ribbon from my stash and a piece of the aqua cardstock and my corner rounder. The adhesive rhinestones are from Michaels, I found them at a bottom of a drawer and the green worked well. At first, I wasn't so sure about this card, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me.

Make sure to check out Taylor's blog and play along.

Happy Sunday!

Ciao for now,
S.

9 comments:

Beautiful card. Love the image and the papers and colors. Nicely done.

Oooh... so pretty! Love the patterned paper you used!

Ooooh! I love the colors! That DP is FAB!

Oh, this is so lovely! I LOVE to use those curved rectangles as well, and they look fantastic here!

These are all my favorite colors!
LOVE it!

Oh, this is so lovely! I LOVE to use those curved rectangles as well, and they look fantastic here!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog