Sunday, February 15, 2009

My new Rule and a TECC55 entry

TECC55.5 I made myself a new rule when it comes to making my cards; for every card I make with my favourite black & white combo, I have to make another card with colour. I’m making this public knowledge so I stick to it…and feel free to remind me every once and a while ;)

I read in a magazine that Yellow and Grey is THE colour combo for this spring. So I decided to give it a whirl while completing Taylor’s Cupcake Challenge this week. I received my new Unity spring stamps in the mail this week, and since the weather in London has been rainy and snow for the past few days, I decided I needed some spring and it was time to ink them up. I also made a black and white card and had to abide my new rule! (I’ll show you that one in a imagesecond…)

Here’s my entry:

TECC55.2

I used some paper from my “Me and My Big Ideas” DP pad, and the Unity “itty bitty Easter Blessings” tulip. I love that set and can’t wait to ink the rest of the stamps. I’m proud of this card for two reasons: 1) I’ve never been good at mosaic type cards and 2) I hate yellow. I don’t know why, I know it’s supposed to be bright and cheery and happy, but I’m not a fan. I will say, I do like this grey and yellow combo, but I can’t promise I’ll be rushing out to change my entire wardrobe to this colour palette (bare with me, I know the picture doesn’t really show the grey paper, I’m still learning how to use my new Ott light and my camera).

And here’s the reason for the new rule, this was the first card I made this weekend:

hand1

I used some of that fabulous paper I received in my TwilightTuesday blog candy. I bought some white paper flowers last week at my local stamping store, and then added the red flower just as an accent. I think I use the black and white combo so often because it’s classic, and well….safe. BUT, I’m trying to expand my horizons, which is why I’m going to stick to this new rule of mine.

The sentiment from this card is SU, and is one of my favshand5

I’m going to call it the end of my crafty day, and continue my movie-marathon from yesterday. Tomorrow’s a holiday and I’ve got some more crafty ideas in my head, so I’ll be back then :)

Happy Sunday!

Ciao for now,

4 comments:

beautiful card! & I have that paper!! thanks for the yellow & grey Tip

Wow, this is gorgeous with the yellow and black/greys!

Jane
http://www.janescreativeprocess.blogspot.com

OME, you made a card with the blog candy goods -- I LOVE IT! You should post a photo of that in the Twilight Tuesday forums! It's so fun to see that paper on your blog! And your blog...it is looking great! Love the new header. As well as the yellow and grey card -- you are doing such much beautiful work!

Recent blog post: Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge 19 -- The Villains

aww, thanks Julie! I'll post it in the forum, under my "thank you" I'm really liking my new blog look too, I finally figured out some things in Photoshop, so I might add a flourish or two to the header or my signature, but I think it'll stay this way for a while.
Yellow and grey- who knew? lol

Recent blog post: TTIC # 19: Villains

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog