Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentine’s card inspired by…soap? Etsy Seller Feature: Savor

Inspiration can come from anywhere, and here’s how a Valentine’s card was inspired by soap.

I was cruising Etsy and I stumbled upon some “Princess Bride Soap” and decided, since the soap shares the name and is inspired by my favourite movie, I had to have it. I started looking at the rest of Savor’s products and I found this:

“My Boyfriend's Tshirt -- Olive Oil Soap
Scent:Such a perfect blend of fresh linen with a small dash of cologne -- comforting, tomboy-ish and enveloping!
It reminds me of a lovingly worn, favorite t-shirt -- something you "borrowed" from your boyfriend and like to snuggle up in at night :)” Savor



How perfect! Let’s be honest, who doesn’t like the smell of a guy wearing cologne and a clean shirt? {it may not happen often, right? ;)}

I thought this would be a perfect Valentine’s gift for my single girl-friends, and I bought one for me too :)

And so…this soap inspired this Valentine’s day card:

boyfriendtshirt4

I took the green colour from the soap and added a few different shades and some brown accents. The card base is Bazzil Mudpie with Bazzil Capers and Pale Verde as the greens. I used a white piece of card stock and sponged SU Old Olive, and Mellow Moss, with SU Chocolate chip around the edges as the background/frame of the T-shirt. I drew the T-shirt on white cardstock and cut it out, sponged it in Old Olive and Mellow Moss and then mounted with dimensionals. I used my trusty computer for the sentiment, my oval punch and my Crop-o-dile to set the eyelets; some brown ribbon to finish it off.




Now I needed a message for the inside of my card…hmm, the smell of a boy, without a boy…ah-ha!




“My Boyfriends- T-shirt…

boyfriendtshirt5

Without the boyfriend drama!!”

Both of the recipients loved their presents, one even asked if it was a packaged deal because the card matched the soap! Me?? BUY a card?? That’s TREASON! (unless it's another handmade card, of course).

Savor has a lovely shop with wonderful products. This soap smells fantastic and makes your skin nice and soft. I have yet to use my Princess Bride soap, I’m saving it, although I’m not sure for what, lol.

Here’s the story behind Savor, taken (with permission) from their Etsy shop:

“Savor is run by a wife and husband team of soapmakers: Lisa, a full-time computer tech and and Mike, a full-time operations analyst. We work in San Francisco and many of our soap photos are taken downtown. We live just outside of San Francisco and love to source our ingredients locally whenever possible.”

Make sure to check out their Etsy shop and their website: http://savorsoap.com and join their mailing list for specials and updates.

I think next on my Savor shopping list will be their Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Crème Fresh- whipped soap… it looks good enough to eat!

I highly recommend Savor, Lisa was such a delight to deal with, and helped me put together a custom order AND she offers flat shipping on a wide range of her products. I will definitely be going back.



♥ Happy Valentine’s day! ♥

*product photos gently borrowed from Savor.etsy.com*

Ciao for now,

4 comments:

O how perfect!!! I sooo love this idea! Inspiration can come from anywhere... amazing!
TFS!!!
Happy Valentine's Day! xoxo

Recent blog post: MemoryWorks News

OOOOOh :-) this is a wonderful card! I just love it! And the soap looks fab, too!

Thanks Margie!!
isn't it funny where you can get an idea?
I hope you had a great Valentine's day!!


Recent blog post: My new Rule and a TECC55 entry

Thanks Rebecca!
Funny enough, it's such a simple layout and I've never used it/thought of it before, but I will now!! :)
and the soap is fab! haha

Recent blog post: My new Rule and a TECC55 entry

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog