Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Very Punny series continued and a sketch challenge or two…or three

I must admit I’ve been feeling a little zapped by work lately, so I had planned to rest tonight. But then, the postman showed up with my Unity Stamp order, and I just couldn’t let them sit there un-inked now could I??

First up is a continuation of my Very Punny series. I have two cards I’ll be introducing into my Etsy store tomorrow. This little card is perfect for a belated birthday greeting or for those times where we have to step it up and say “I’m sorry”. It is sure to make someone giggle!berrysorry1 I stamped the strawberries in my ‘random uniform pattern’ (see previous post) and watercoloured them. I had to laugh because I whined so much about being sick of red paper because of Valentine’s day and what do I do? make a strawberry card!

The next card is part of my Very Punny series, will also be added to my Etsy store tomorrow AND is my entry for this week’s challenge over at twilightuesday.com (are you proud of me ladies- the WHOLE name!)…in order to make sure more Twilight friends can join us, we’ve been asked to be clear about where to find the challenges and forums, so I will try my best not to shorten the name :)

This weeks challenge is being hosted by Julie, and I’ve been waiting for this one! Our crafty challenge is to create a Valentine’s card that one Twilight character might give to another. I haven’t really given much thought who would give this card to whom, because I believe all the relationships in the books are deep, powerful and meaningful in their own right. Now, count yourself warned, I did make this a ‘traditional’ Twilight card, twilight_book_coverbut I really do like the bold combination of red, white and black. The apple has become a quite recognizable symbol of the series since it’s featured on the cover of the first book. So naturally, when I saw this apple in my little Stampendous stamp set, ….well, you get the connection.TTIC18lovecore2

I had planned to follow the same pattern as the other Very Punny cards, but for some reason, the apple did not look as good in a pattern, and decided to use one and my favourite Red Stickles to make it “dazzle”. These stickles always remind me of Dorothy’s ruby slippers, and I have an affection for anything glitter.

The comment portion of this week’s twilighttuesday.com challenge (2 for 2!) is to talk about the couples in the book, if you relate to one, if one couple bothers you, etc. I agree with most of the ladies in that the imprinting on a baby theme threw me off. I also must admit,---I didn’t see Jacob imprinting on Renesmee until the exact moment that Bella figured it out. I yelled out loud like Bella did! As for the other couples, I can certainly understand the affection Bella has for her best-guy friend Jacob and how that line can become blurry from time to time; and I really wish we knew more about Emmett and Rosalie. I liked Emmett’s character all along, but after reading the very short 1st draft of Midnight Sun, I want to know more about Emmett, and more about his love for Rosalie. And I can’t talk about couples in Twilight without mentioning Edward and Bella; true love. ‘Nuff said.

My second challenge entry is for twilighttuesday.com’s February sketch challenge, Dani created last week. As soon as I saw the sketch I knew exactly what I wanted to do, I just had to wait until my Unity stamps arrived…. ttsc2 I made a Save the Date! announcement for Edward and Bella’s wedding, or what I think a save the date card may have looked like. We all know Alice is on the ball with this kind of stuff, so I can reasonably assume she would’ve gotten these in the mail before she had time to whip up the formal invitations. I fell in love with this stamp on the Unity website and knew immediately I wanted to use it for Save the Date cards (will be added to my Etsy shop soon). ttsc3I think this suits Bella and Edward and their home they make in the cottage. I can see Edward carving their initials so when Bella looks out the window of the cottage she can see it, forever. There seems to be some discrepancy on the actual date Edward and Bella got married; some say July, some say August. I used August 13th, as Bella admits in Eclipse that a wedding on that date only gives her a month before her 19th birthday… and she’s intent on staying 18 forever!

Oh my, this is becoming quite a heavy Twilight post….well, one more. My 3rd challenge is from last week, TwilightTuesdayInspirationChallenge#17- Jacob hosted by Beth. I mentioned last week I knew what I wanted to do, I just was unsure about how to put it all together. I still struggled a bit, but I’m happy with how it came out. I found some self-adhesive stickers I had, they are all quotes about friendship. I had about 3 that would fit with Bella’s and Jacob’s relationship, and I may still use them, but here’s my submission. TTIC17.1 I wanted it to be simple, because if Bella did give Jake a card, it would be simple and not over the top. I picked a quote that says

“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out”.

Edward is Bella’s entire world, and he walks out. Jake comes into her life at this point, more so than he has in the past; I think this quote is very fitting. I found a paw print stamp in one of my sets and added the subtle reference to Jake.


Make sure to check out TwilightTuesday.com to see all the other creations and have a chat.


Ciao for now,

S.

12 comments:

Wow you really packed a wholup with this post. :D I love every single one of these cards! They are all perfect. That apple card is too cute and that little saying!!! Very punny indeed. ;)

That stamp in the 3rd one from Unity - OMG, I LOVE it. It's just beautiful. And I love the idea of using it for a save the date card - very good idea.

And you Jacob card is perfect. I love the simplicity of it - it really captures his spirit.

Recent blog post: Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge 18 - Valentines

Love your work! Love you to the core ....too cute

Recent blog post: Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge # 18

hehe, there is a lot in there, isn't there!

I Love that Unity stamp too, I can't wait to use it more, I've got so many ideas swirling in my head.

Thanks for the comment on the Jacob card, that was a tough one to pull together for me...there were sooo many quotes that applied to their friendship, I think I will make more :)

Recent blog post: Very Punny series continued and a sketch challenge or two…or three

Thanks Kathy! :) that's one of my favourites in that Stampendous sets

Recent blog post: Very Punny series continued and a sketch challenge or two…or three

What awesome cards! You have been busy creating!! Great use of stamp from Unity. I really need to order some stamps from them!!

I am so glad you are having fun with us on twilighttuesday.com!!

OME! These are great! Love the "very punny"! How funny we used the same blog title post for our cards.

The Jacob card is perfect, very well done! And I just adore everything Unity - including the "so and so loves...." stamp.

thank you! I'm having a blast over there, so glad I found it way back when it was just a little Tuesday challenge :)

Definately check out Unity, they've got great stuff, really good prices and flat rate shipping!

Recent blog post: When I opened my mailbox today…

haha I thought the same thing Rebecca- another punny post!

Unity is fantastic, a client of mine told me about them and I've been hooked ever since!

Recent blog post: When I opened my mailbox today…

The dazzling apple is fantastic! Your cards are really prefect, all of them.

Recent blog post: Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #18

The dazzling apple is fantastic! Your cards are really prefect, all of them.

Recent blog post: Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #18

OME! These are great! Love the "very punny"! How funny we used the same blog title post for our cards.

The Jacob card is perfect, very well done! And I just adore everything Unity - including the "so and so loves...." stamp.

Love your work! Love you to the core ....too cute

Recent blog post: Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge # 18

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog