Tuesday, February 17, 2009

TTIC # 19: Villains

image This week’s TwilightTuesday.com challenge is about Villains.  The comment portion asks about your reactions to the villains, if they scare you or don’t scare you, etc.

Others have commented about this particular villain, and I agree 100% the villain that scares me the most is Jane.  Her power of controlling your mind to create the most unimaginable amount of pain is simply terrifying to me.  In my day to day job, I consistently interact with clients who have chronic pain and are learning to cope with it.  The mind is an incredibly powerful thing; there are techniques and strategies used to create that “mind-over-matter'” state of being when living with chronic pain, and you’re only as successful as you want to be.  Jane’s ability to manipulate the brain’s perception of pain is a very scary thought, mostly in part because it exists, --granted, not to that extent or is it transferrable to other people.

I thought long and hard about what I would do for the crafty challenge, and I came up with a ‘calling’ card for Jane…you know, the type “cat burglars” leave in old movies to let you know you’ve been hit?

Jane is constantly and quite desperately looking for Aro’s approval and I have no doubt that she wants everyone to know what she’s capable of, and would absolutely leave her ‘mark’ with a calling card if she could.

TTIC19.2 I used some scraps of paper, so both cards are slightly different in size.

I’m not a big fan of Halloween, but I found this Halloween stamp in the Michael’s $1 bin a few years back and had to have it.  Although Jane is technically a vampire…she’s more like a witch to me ;)

I stamped the image in my versa mark pad, and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  I signed Jane’s name with my Sharpie marker.

TTIC19.3

So what villain are you afraid of?

Make sure to check out all the submissions at TwilightTuesday.com!

Ciao for now,

 

13 comments:

Great project! Calling cards .... ATCs for the Volturri's, lol!

Recent blog post: Even VILLIANS like flowers (TTIC #19)

LOVE IT!!! That is super awesome and I love your creative pictures. They turned out perfect and the color is so vivid. Did you get the OTT light?

Recent blog post: cool? yes. crazy? also yes.

You are sooo creative! This is fabulous! I can see Jane doing this too! LOL! I agree with Jen, you take the best and most vivid pics :)
Great job Steph!!!
xoxo

Recent blog post: Mojo Monday Week 74

hehe, could you imagine- the Volturi's in the shadows of the Piazza, trading cards! lol

Recent blog post: TTIC # 19: Villains

thanks Jen! that means so much to me :) Yes, I did get the Ott light- it's incredible! you guys weren't lying!!

Recent blog post: TTIC # 19: Villains

aww, thanks Margie- that means alot, that apple was an ornament on one of my Christmas gifts, it sure has come in handy!! and that Ott light really makes a difference

Recent blog post: TTIC # 19: Villains

Very cool and unique! I can't believe I forgot how terrifying Jane is.

Gorgeous bookmarks! Jane and Alec are called witches in the book by the Romanians I believe so you are right on about Jane! :)

Recent blog post: Unity Addicts Wednesday #24!!

Very cool and unique! I can't believe I forgot how terrifying Jane is.

thanks Jen! that means so much to me :) Yes, I did get the Ott light- it's incredible! you guys weren't lying!!

Recent blog post: TTIC # 19: Villains

aww, thanks Margie- that means alot, that apple was an ornament on one of my Christmas gifts, it sure has come in handy!! and that Ott light really makes a difference

Recent blog post: TTIC # 19: Villains

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog