Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Birthday card inspired by…towels?

One of my best friends celebrated a significant birthday this weekend, and we’re celebrating by going to a concert on Tuesday night.  We’ll be seeing Dave Matthews and his band play at the Molson Amphitheatre; right now there’s a 70% of rain, but only 1mm, so fingers crossed we don’t get drenched!

She also just bought her first condo, so as part of her birthday/housewarming gift I bought her some towels in her favourite colours and used that as my base for her card.

Ardisbday1

I followed the pattern on the paper and pierced it according to the design.  This is the first time I’ve done that and I’m happy with the way it turned out.  I used the sketch from the 2sketches4you site; I missed the midnight deadline, but decided to play anyways.

 

The card base is chocolate chip, Ardisbday2 I used some Kraft paper for the layering, my favourite MS border punch and my trusty Nesties labels.  Stamp and sentiment are both SU birthday whimsy; I stamped an extra present and added some dimensionals- you can see it a bit in this picture.  I used SU Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon and added some bling…I thought at first I went a little overboard, but you can never have too much icing!

I still have to decorate the inside of the card, wrap up an Etsy order and today I received a RUSH custom order for a wonderful customer in Phoenix, AZ.  I’ll be making 2 8X8 bridal shower cards, and I’m really excited about them.  I’ll be sure to post when I’m done, they need to be in AZ by next Wed, so my catch up on TwilightTuesday.com challenges needs to be sidelined again:(  Poor Twilight. ;)

Happy Sunday!

Ciao for now,

 

10 comments:

Holy cow Steph. That is gorgeous. I absolutely love that background paper with the chocolate chip card stock and that flower you punched out is amazing. And the bling is definitely not to much, it looks just right. WOW!

Recent blog post: zoorific

This is totally terrific, Steph! Your paper peircing rocks and the color combo is cool for the card and the towels! TFS

Thanks Jen! I guess you really can't ever have too much bling ;)

hahaha, crazy Comment Luv, the new version comes out this weekend.

Thanks Maureen :) I ALMOST want to keep the towels for myself. lol

Recent blog post: Custom Order progress- 2 Bridal Shower cards

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog