Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stampendous Changito in a TTIC double challenge; and my first digi stamp card

I have quite a few birthday cards to make for June, so I decided to use the June TTIC sketch layout for one of them.  I did have to alter it slightly, but since this card is for a boy, I couldn’t add any flowers to it! lol

I haven’t inked up my Changito stamp in far too long and thought he would be perfect for this birthday card for my friend Chris (my Godson Ethan’s dad).   This is also a double TTIC entry because I combined the June sketch with this past Tuesday’s challenge-  Summer! 

Summer is my favourite season, my birthday happens in the summer, we go to the cabin, bonfires and days at the beach. Ahhhhh.  I grew up in a city with 15 lakes within the main city limits, so I was never far from the beach, and it was fantastic.

Ok, on to the cards!

Changitobeach1.1

Here he is! isn’t he adorable!  I just love this little guy…but he did give me some trouble.  I had to colour 3 images before I was happy with the final product…don’t you hate when that happens!

I wanted this to look like Changito had it in the water with him, so there’s lots of paper tearing and distressing (which is fast becoming my new favourite thing to do to paper) and I’m happy with the way it turned out. 

Changitobeach2.1

I used Crystal effects for the inner tube, snorkel, goggles and fins to give it that authentic plastic look.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have to say, I think the sentiment is my all-time favourite, and it was the reason I bought the stamp in the first place!

Changitobeach3.1

It still makes me giggle!

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to win some blog candy from my friend Andrea which happened to be a digital stamp from The Character Cafe named Syd the Squirrel.  Now, you know how I feel about squirrels!…but I think this guy has got a place in my heart :)

Syd the Squirrel1.1

Digi stamps let me practice colouring…and Syd was no different than Changito…it took me 3 times to get it how I wanted it, but that’s the great thing about digi stamps…just print it again!

Syd the Squirrel2.1

I used SU Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa ink with my water painter and layered and layered…I’m not patient with waiting for the layer to dry, so I need to get better at that!

 

I added some SU pretty in pink to his ears, nose and a little on his cheek.  I used Crystal effects on his eyes and on the tops of the acorns…he reminds me of Puss in Boots from Shrek- don’t you think? 

You should really go check out The Character Cafe, they have so many images for so many occasions, and they’re a lot of fun to colour.  You might be seeing a lot of them around here very soon…*hint hint nudge nudge*…

Don’t forget to check out Twilighttuesday.com for the weekly challenges and all around good fun!

Happy Sunday!

Ciao for now,

 

*edited to add*…I found out my birthday card also qualifies for the Sissy Scrap Birthday card challenge! whohoo!!

21 comments:

These are soooo cute!! Love all the ripped paper! Perfect!!

Recent blog post: June Sketch Challenge for Twilight Tuesday!

Super cute! I love the layout with your Changito and great coloring on Syd! TFS!

What a great card! Thanks for the wonderful birthday wishes- just mention Sissy Scraps on your post and we'll be more than happy to include this :)
Have a great Sunday!!!

Recent blog post: B'day Cake Pics!

These are beautiful cards. Your colouring and shading on Syd is brilliant. Well done! hugs Shelley

Wow you are so on the ball with these cards!! Love them!!

Thanks Jacquie! ripping paper is my new fav thing!

Thank you Colleen :)
The layout is from TTIC challenges, check out their website and come play:)
http://twilighttuesday.com/2009/06/all-new-twilight-tueday-sketch-challenge/
it's open for all of June

Recent blog post: Stampendous Changito in a TTIC double challenge; and my first digi stamp card

Thanks Shelley! that means a lot...I get nervous with colouring!

Recent blog post: Stampendous Changito in a TTIC double challenge; and my first digi stamp card

Yea! I finally made it over! LOL! I kept getting interrupted...
You're Changito is soooo adorable! Love the colors!
Outstanding job on your digi stamp! He is just too cute with those pinchable cheeks! Great coloring job!!!
TFS :*)

Recent blog post: More Birthday Cards and Some Pics!

OMG! I love your technique with Changito... it looks so good :) Your colouring is great, not sure what you're worried about, Syd looks amazing! I love the colours and the paper piercing (never done that!)

Recent blog post: Father's Day Card - New Release & another Challenge Sponsorship :)

Super cute cards! Those images are adorable! Your coloring is amazing too! Great job :)

Recent blog post: blog candy win, awesome rak, and an award

Aww, thanks Margie :)

LOL. I love his cheeks too!

Recent blog:=- I made The Character Cafe Design team!

so glad you like him Kendra!!! :D

I forget about paper piercing some times, but I really like it

Recent blog:=- I made The Character Cafe Design team!

Thanks Jamee! :)

those characters are pretty darn cute! lol

Recent blog:=- I made The Character Cafe Design team!

These cards are FANTASTIC Steph.....I love them really, really cute digi card!! Xx

Recent blog:=- What The.....

Really cute cards! Love the distressed edges. You did great with the coloring... no need to fret so!

Recent blog:=- Birthday Month Giveaway!

Really cute cards! Love the distressed edges. You did great with the coloring... no need to fret so!

Recent blog:=- Birthday Month Giveaway!

Aww, thanks Margie :)

LOL. I love his cheeks too!

Recent blog:=- I made The Character Cafe Design team!

Wow you are so on the ball with these cards!! Love them!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog