Sunday, January 18, 2009

OOAK and Simple Designs-do you find them difficult?

I have to say, it did take me longer than I would like to admit that OOAK means One Of A Kind. I had seen this in a few listings on Etsy and just brushed it off. Since I usually make at least 2 of each card, I thought it would be easy to make OOAK cards. I also tried to implement on of my New Years resolution- to find some use to scrap pieces of paper. To add some spice to my personal challenge, I tried to scale back. I tend to add many details to my cards, which, is my style, but I wanted to try some simpler designs. It certainly was challenging, but I managed to make 4 cards pretty quickly.



The first card I pulled out some Valentine's day chipboard I bought over the holidays, and decided then and there that all my cards would be love/Valentine's day themed. I found some scrap paper, and a mini 4x4 card I had already cut, some American Craft ribbon and, finito. It was pretty easy to keep this one simple, so I moved on to card #2.

Card # 2 follows the same process as #1; patterned paper, ribbon and chipboard. Ok, I can do this simple card design.





Card # 3. I inked up a My Favorite Things set that hadn't yet been used. This is where I started to lose the battle against simple. The brown paper needed some texture, so I ran it through the Cuttlebug. The square edges were just not doing it for me, so I used the SU Ticket punch. And the heart, it called out, no, begged!! for some bling in the middle. I stopped in there, but did stamp some little hearts from the same set on the inside of the card. Still in control over simple.

Card #4. I decided to use a sketch for my last card, figured it would help me keep on track. I had seen Laura at Scrapnextras reference a sketch nearly each week, so I decided to give it a shot and visit Jen's sketch for you to try.

Using the sketch gave me great inspiration I think this is my favourite card of the day. Maybe because it has the most details :)

Ciao for now,
S.

8 comments:

love your cards and your blog Stephanie! congrats on being featured on newyorkpost for your valentine's day cards!!! how exciting!

all of your creations are absolutely FABULOUS! thanks for playing along!! hugs-jd

These cards make me want to be your valentine!
They are adorable!!!!
Love the colors.

All of the cards are lovely, simple yet elegant.

Super cards...the last one is my fav! What a great layout!

Super cards...the last one is my fav! What a great layout!

all of your creations are absolutely FABULOUS! thanks for playing along!! hugs-jd

love your cards and your blog Stephanie! congrats on being featured on newyorkpost for your valentine's day cards!!! how exciting!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog