Saturday, January 17, 2009

Taylored Expression Challenge #51


This morning I was making blueberry muffins and was trying to decide if I should use muffin papers or not...and then suddenly I was hit with inspiration for my card for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge today! isn't it funny how that happens?

I didn't use the muffin paper for the muffins, but I did use it on my card. I wanted to make a paper cupcake good enough to eat. It took a few tries, but I think I got it. I used Inkadinkado's Birthday cupcake set, a stamp set I bought just because of one of the sentiments, "Hi Cupcake!" I just love it :)

I picked some American Craft paper and ribbon and set to work. I stamped the image twice, cut one out and mounted it on double dimensionals, to add some height. I cut the muffin paper to the size of the stamped image and glued it. To make the frosting, I tried first using the MS Glitter Glue, but when it dried, it didn't have the right look. So I used Liquid Pearl instead, and covered it with MS Crystal fine white glitter. I waited until that dried and then used the MS Glitter Glue to add cupcake sprinkles, and coloured them with MS Tourmaline and Turquoise glitter. I used my Big Bite Cropodile to punch holes in the ribbon and added some rhinestone brads. The sentiment was inked with Dew Drop Pearlescent Orchid ink directly on the patterned paper.

Thanks for looking, and check out Taylor's challenge here.

Ciao for now,
S.

7 comments:

Delish cupcake! So pretty! I love how you used a real cupcake papercup :)

Oh my this looks so REAL -- I love it!!

So YUMMY -- love the image!!

I love the icing effect. Great card

How cute! Your frosting looks so yummy! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog