Friday, January 23, 2009

Foto Friday #2

What a week this has been! I increased my hours at work and started booking appointments for when I'm back to full hours next week. It'll be interesting to see how it works out- my leg has been quite sore since physio has gotten more aggressive this week. I also think I'll be using the timed postings much more often as my job usually takes me on the road 3-4 days per week. It's also been a great week for me on Etsy. I'm still doing my happy dance from my 11 sales in 4 days! I just don't even know what else to say about that- I'm still smiling!

Wednesday I posted about how I wish this blog to be about my passions. I've introduced some of them already- card making, photography and cars. My next passion I would like to share with you is music. I grew up in a house where the radio was ALWAYS on and I've been going to concerts since I was 12 yrs old- my first concert was Green Day- way back when they were grunge! My mother is a huge supporter of theatre and live music (my dad's a Millright and so he's given me more technical knowledge) and it's something she's shared with both my sister and I. I play piano and guitar, but my sister got all the voice talent, so I leave the singing to her. I love live music- whether it be at a pub, a small theatre, an outdoor concert where you sit in the grass, or a giant arena. It usually seems to average out that I see one major concert every 6 weeks or so...although this year is shaping up to be a bit different. I'm not sure how many of the bands I follow are touring in '09, so it might be a bit quieter.

Tonight is my first concert of 2009- The Killers. I first saw them in 2007- more as a fluke. I liked the Killers, but really had only heard their radio songs. A friend had an extra ticket because someone couldn't go, so I said- 'sure, I love live music" and it's true- I'll pretty much see any live music (except country- sorry, I just don't care for it). I was blown away by 1) their musical talent 2) their stage presence and 3) their 2 solid hours of music. The latter seems to be a rarity among some artists these days, so I'm always happy when they play for the whole set.

In honour of Foto Fridays, I had every intention of presenting to you the 'movie' for lack of a better word of the last Killers concert I saw. I do this for most concerts I attend, although I'm quite far behind, so I'm not sure if I'll be taking photo/videos this year- I have about 4 concerts to process from last year and they take quite a bit of time to edit (I was so behind I didn't take my camera to the Coldplay concert- I'm regretting that now).

BUT- it's too big to be uploaded. I figured this out after an hour of waiting for it to upload. So I'll share my pictures -I really wanted also show a clip but again! it's 8 MB too big. GRRR. I think this also means I won't be able to share with you the other concerts I've made, which is really a shame. I'll look for a way around that.


I have been listening to the Killers new album for the past 2 months non-stop, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them live. Last time they played every song on their album and some covers, I really hope they play "I can't stay"- next to "Human" it's my favourite song on their new album
I'll be back on Sunday- have a great weekend everyone!!

Ciao for now,
S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog