Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Fishy Valentine & Lunchbox Love!


Ok kids, here's what I was working on yesterday.

First up, the cutest Valentine card. I mentioned that I had borrowed a stamp set featuring a baseball playing dog (used that one for this week's TTIC); well, I also stamped out one of the other images in that set- some little fishes. I had my friend D in mind- her and her husband are both retired Olympic swimmers, and fish was the theme of their wedding. I had stamped 3 images and 3 sentiments, so D gets one card and I'm posting the others and making it available in my Etsy store.
So without further ado- here's "You're a Keeper"
I used my Nesties for the circles and my MS heart punch- which fit around the sentiment perfectly! I'm alway looking for an excuse to use my Glossy Accents, and this card was perfect, to give that 'water' feel to the fishbowls. I covered the hearted sentiment in it too, I couldn't help myself! I added 3 little Robin's Nest at the bottom, for some balance, and they remind me of bubbles. I think what makes me giggle about this card is that the fish are wearing swimtrunks and an inner tube :) too cute!! You find this card in my store here.

And up next- my little Lunchbox Lovenotes (available here). I bought these little cards and envies last year just found them when I was cleaning and organizing the other day.
What a perfect little note to slip into your hunny's lunchbox or into the kids backpack, just to give them a little reminder that you're thinking of them.

These really are teeny tiny- the Hershey's Huggs chocolate is pretty much the size. Each envie is sealed with a 'kiss'- I found this little lip stamp in my stash and had! to use it. Again I used my Ranger tinsel and heat embossed it.





You must! try this stuff. Messy, but oh so fun :)




Well, that's it for me today. My leg is quite sore and Physio was rough today. It's a crisp -30 degrees Celsius here today, so I'm making roasted vegetable soup for dinner, and for a treat- toasted bread with brie cheese. A perfect night to cuddle up and watch Thursday night tv.

Have a great night everyone!!

Ciao for now,
S.

4 comments:

Thanks for the follow! I'm glad I was able to discover your store through it--you have amazing cards!

Handmade Valentines are SO wonderful - I'd almost forgetten how special they can be!

Handmade Valentines are SO wonderful - I'd almost forgetten how special they can be!

Thanks for the follow! I'm glad I was able to discover your store through it--you have amazing cards!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog