Friday, April 17, 2009

Foto Friday # 14: Modern Art at the Chateau du Versailles, Paris, France

Happy Friday!

On our last full day in Paris in September, we travelled to the Chateau du Versailles. It’s roughly a 40 minute train ride outside of Paris.  My dad was adamant that he did not want to see yet another castle.  But I knew the Chateau du Versailles is the castle of ALL castles, and decided I would go with or without my parents.  My dad decided he had nothing better to do, and didn’t want to wonder around without me and my mom, who did want to visit Versailles, so the three of us hopped on the train and away we went.

I’m going to keep this photo Friday specific to the modern art that was on display at the Chateau du Versailles while we were there, and save the overall pictures of Versailles for another edition.

DSC06286

How odd!! would you agree? My mom and I kept thinking it was a joke! The juxtaposition between this giant balloon animal and the grandness and beauty of the Chateau  itself and the art belonging to that era is incredible.

  DSC06310

To be honest, these are the only two pictures I took; I didn’t really enjoy the exhibition, I think it took away from the beauty of the castle, and to some point, made a mockery of it.  I did think the Heart pictured above was beautiful, just not in the right place.

I’m going to take advantage of some summer weather we’re having (sunny and 22 degrees Celsius); I’ll be working on some more cards and another special project this weekend and on Sunday, my Godson Ethan will be Christened.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Ciao for now,

 

PS- my Dad LOVED Versailles and can’t stop talking about it ;)

4 comments:

Yes, I agree, very odd! But it brought a smile to my face! :)



Recent blog post: A 2nd Great Day!

hehe, I always think of Otis, the dog from Garfield when I see this pic

Recent blog post: Two for one: TECC64 and Sissy Scrap card challenge #1

Yes, I agree, very odd! But it brought a smile to my face! :)



Recent blog post: A 2nd Great Day!

hehe, I always think of Otis, the dog from Garfield when I see this pic

Recent blog post: Two for one: TECC64 and Sissy Scrap card challenge #1

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog