Saturday, April 25, 2009

A TECC65 entry, and quite possibly my best card yet

TECC65.2 I think I’ve outdone myself.  I think it’s incredible how some cards come together on their own, and some you have to fight tooth and nail to get them to where you want them to go.

My TECC65 entry morphed into something else, and I’m incredibly happy with it.

I saw Taylor’s sketch for this weekend  TECC65(sketch)and immediately had an idea.  I wanted the vertical piece to be a bookmark.  Taylor had said she was excited about this week’s sketch because it was so open to interpretation.  Boy, was she right!

My card seemed to take on a life of it’s own, but I really think this may be my best work yet, and I’m thrilled!!

TECC65.3.1

I used Cloud9Design paper in Cocoa Bouquet; this paper MADE the card!  The cardstock is SU Chocolate Chip and some American Crafts Rust paper (from the Christmas pack if you can believe it!) some SU Chocolate Chip ribbon and my MS border punch.

I mounted the bottom piece using foam tape, as well as the sentiment so my bookmark can slide in and be held without any adhesive.

TECC65.5.2

I’ve left the inside blank, I’m not sure if this card is meant to be a Thank You card, a Congratulations card (sentiment is from SU Congrats set) or maybe even a Mother’s Day card. 

One thing is for sure…I love love LOVE this card.  It may be very hard to part with.  I’m not sure if I’ll list it, but I probably will and just use this design over and over again.

I did make 4 other cards today, but honestly, I’m embarrassed to show them because they’re not as good as this one! LOL

Make sure to check out Taylor’s site and all the wonderful submissions for this week, everyone really had a different way of interpreting it.

Happy Saturday!

Ciao for now,

11 comments:

Oh my, Steph, this is spectacular! The colors are so bold and rich, I simply love that chocolate ribbon and to top it all off it's a book mark! Awesome! TFS

Recent blog post: Fitness Friday

That is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE IT. I want that book mark. Where did you get the border punch? I'm loving that!

Recent blog post: shots of a random nature

Thanks Mau! I'm really liking this colour combo, I'm definately growing farther away from black and white all the time! lol

Thanks Jen :)
I'm going to buy some more of this paper..fingers crossed it's still available, I'll make some of your cards with it, and I have enough to make you a little bookmark :)
the border punch is Martha Stewart, I love it and need to start using it more!

Recent blog post: A TECC65 entry, and quite possibly my best card yet

You are right...this is totally spectacular!! BEAUTIFUL WORK!!

Love your card & bookmark! I just surfed in via Deconstructing Jen's TTIC post. I wish I was half as creative as you ladies are!

Recent blog post: I’m disappointed in you

Thank you for coming to visit!

I read your blog, it's fantastic! THAT's your creative outlet ;)

Recent blog post: At $1.50…they don’t count

Thanks Jen :)
I'm going to buy some more of this paper..fingers crossed it's still available, I'll make some of your cards with it, and I have enough to make you a little bookmark :)
the border punch is Martha Stewart, I love it and need to start using it more!

Recent blog post: A TECC65 entry, and quite possibly my best card yet

Thanks Mau! I'm really liking this colour combo, I'm definately growing farther away from black and white all the time! lol

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog